Author Topic: Arcane Companion not Installing  (Read 1487 times)

Offline Soulcleave

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Arcane Companion not Installing
« on: February 05, 2017, 02:13:07 PM »
I Get an error when I try to install the New Arcane Companion files.
Same error occurs when attempting to install any other Data file after getting error from Arcane Companion.  In my case Shadow World.
  Worded another way.  All Files I attempt to install after Arcane Companion fail with the same error message (Failed to install marker is the file I was attempting to install.)
Yes, it is true.  I am a figment of my Imagination.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Arcane Companion not Installing
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 02:38:40 PM »
Hi, let's see if we can find the cause of your issue.

I will need some information:
  • What Operating System are you using? Windows, Linux, Mac? Which version?
  • Which ERA version are you using? Just in case, bear in mind that the Arcane Companion requires the latest ERA update (2017-01-21) from RPGNow.
  • Check to see if there is a file named ERA-Support.log in the Server directory of your installation. If there is, you can mail it to era-support.voriigkye@recursor.net so that I can get a look "under the hood".
  • If possible, add a screenshot of the message you get when you send the mail, that will also help with the troubleshooting.

Offline Soulcleave

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2017, 01:50:44 AM »
What Operating System are you using? Windows, Linux, Mac? Which version?
  Windows 7 home premium Service Pack 1

Which ERA version are you using? Just in case, bear in mind that the Arcane Companion requires the latest ERA update (2017-01-21) from RPGNow.
  I looked in my library and saw a 2FEB17 version (was using 8DEC2016) so I downloaded that one and got two slightly different error messages (screenshots added below)
 I also went back through and uninstalled and reinstalled ERA.  The order of Import was Arms Law, Character Law, Spell Law, and then Shadow World this is where I got the error this time.  It was Arcane Companion last time. This time when I reinstalled, The order was Arms Law, Character Law, Spell Law and then Arcane Companion...and Arcane companion installed just fine.

Check to see if there is a file named ERA-Support.log in the Server directory of your installation. If there is, you can mail it to era-support.voriigkye@recursor.net so that I can get a look "under the hood".
  Sent.
If possible, add a screenshot of the message you get when you send the mail, that will also help with the troubleshooting
 There was no actual Message when I sent you the e-mail (look for my Screen name if the message seems to be lost)

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2017, 08:31:11 AM »
Got your files, thanks for sending them.
The new issue is because Shadow World was also updated, and you must be using the older version.

I will post in the main ERA thread the information, but I'll also state it here:

The ERA update (2FEB17 in RPGNow, 2017-01-21 in the About dialog) is required to use the Arcane Companion package.
Also, this update requires an update in Shadow World (both for RMC and RMFRP) and RMC Companion I.

So, everyone should update to the latest version of ERA.
All those who have previously purchased Shadow World or RMC Companion I should update those packages as well.

Offline Soulcleave

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2017, 09:09:31 PM »
...>Sound of hand Slapping Forehead<
  I should have guessed that...

Thank you.