Author Topic: ERA Server is not responding  (Read 1541 times)

Offline rax

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ERA Server is not responding
« on: October 29, 2017, 12:59:36 PM »
I downloaded the version of ERA that was updated August 14th a few days ago. When I try to run it, I get the following error message when I get to the Welcome screen:

ERA Server is not responding. Please try restarting.

If you require assistance, please post your issue in the support forum:
http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?board=21.0
or send a mail with the log file to:
era-support.voriigkye@recursor.net

-- Technical Details --
Text Status: error
Error Thrown:

I've tried restarting it, as well as uninstalling and downloading it again, but the problem is the same every time. I haven't had this problem with earlier versions. Any advice?

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA Server is not responding
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 06:22:58 AM »
Hi rax, thanks for letting us know about the issue.

To check what's happening, we'll need you to send the log file (it should be in "ERA/Server/ERA-Support.log") to the support mail account (era-support.voriigkye@recursor.net).

With the information there, we'll get back to you on how to proceed.

Offline rax

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 11:03:04 AM »
Hi Voriig, sorry for not responding earlier. I checked in the server folder and can't find any file labelled ERA-support.log.

Even more interesting... when I close the Era tab in Firefox, exit the Era folder on my computer and then open it again, the ERA-RMFRP.exe icon is now missing completely! The ERA-RMC.exe icon is still there, but when I try to run it I get a "File not found" error (and no support log file).

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2017, 07:49:53 AM »
If you get a message saying that the log file should be there but it's not, and then you run the application but the files start disappearing, it seems a zealous anti-virus is removing any file you try to access.

Also, when you say "the icon is missing" do you mean that the icon has changed to some generic Windows application, or that the .exe file has disappeared?

I would suggest you try installing it in a different directory, and maybe leaving a window with the files on sight to check at which point the content changes.

If nothing works, the next thing to do would be to try in a different computer, just to confirm that the issue is not related to the installation process.

Let us know how it goes.

Offline rax

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 01:58:28 PM »
I had considered if my anti-virus program might have something to do with it, but I'll have to check the logs there and see if any action has been taken.

When I say "the icon is missing", I mean that the .exe file has disappeared.

I'll give your suggestions a try. Hopefully they'll solve the issue. It would be a shame if I suddenly can't use your excellent program any more.