Author Topic: Is there Scope for a Group Blog?  (Read 5875 times)

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
  • Ask me about the Rolemastery blog.
    • My homepage
Is there Scope for a Group Blog?
« on: November 23, 2012, 06:00:42 PM »
The following thought came to me while I was hanging out my washing, less than half an hour ago. What if there were a group blog for ICE games?

What I thought was this: imagine a single place where players, GMs, game designers, and ICE & GCP staff could get together, advocate for the games we love to play, and get the chance to start dialogues about them. We could, for instance, pass along news and views from the gaming insiders, get word out there of new releases, talk about our games, especially the unique events that make us love the ICE gaming systems, and, well, talk about roleplaying games with a certain slant.

It can give us the chance to develop, as players, as GMs, as writers and designers, and we could use it as a central point to help get the word out there. So, for example, it could bring together the Guild Companion, the ICE website, their social media presence, fan sites, RPGNow, other forums, and so forth. In essence, use hyperlinks to their best advantage.

Anyway: what are your thoughts? how does this sound to you? Since I'm committing myself to the idea, should it eventuate, how would you feel about joining me?
Formerly: ghyle.

Rolemastery blog: http://rolemastery.blogspot.com.au/

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Is there Scope for a Group Blog?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 06:52:31 PM »
I think you should talk to Colin at ICE as he is the Social Media guru about this. I will PM him to be sure he get this.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
    • My homepage
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 07:05:46 PM »
I'll PM Colin as well, ok?

Phillip

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 10:29:44 PM »
  No problem and I think you two can probably work something out but then I do not know as I am not on the side of the fence so to speak.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 11:00:26 PM »
You do a lot to keep the wheels running on the forum, tho, and that's a big thing since it's a massive joy for me to be able to come here, and take part in it. You do a bangup job, in other words, as do all the other forum administrators.

Offline Colin-ICE

• ICE Business
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 08:12:31 AM »
Hi guys,

Firstly I would like to agree with the comment that Markc does "a bang up job". He's an asset to the team and, as I rarely get the opportunity to say so I would like to make publicly thank Mark for all the hard work he does. I, and I'm sure everyone else, really appreciates it.

Your ICE blog idea is a good one and really this is what we want for the forum. We encourage everyone to get involved with all manner of discussions, not just about ICE products but about anything you think is worth mentioning. I would hate to think that ICE forum members are restricting themselves in any way when using the forum (with the exception of spam or bad language), discuss as much or as little as you like. Whether you are new to the boards or and old pro, whether you contribute a lot or a little you are still a valued part of our forum community and I would encourage you all to use the forums as you see fit.

If there is something specific that you think is missing from the forums then feel free to PM me to discuss it.

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
    • My homepage
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 02:38:57 PM »
Thank you, Colin!

It is heartening to feel welcomed here, and to be able to discuss both gaming and other aspects of my life. I hope that this sentiment is echoed elsewhere.

I'm about to PM you with an idea that I have had.

ciao!

Offline KacyCrawford

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 11:38:26 AM »
Thats a great idea

Offline PhillipAEllis

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +30/-30
    • My homepage
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 04:31:24 PM »
Thank you Kacy! You're welcome to drop by and have a look at the blog any time. :)