Author Topic: Nagaral  (Read 3051 times)

Offline masque1223

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Nagaral
« on: January 06, 2009, 02:45:56 AM »
The Nagaral, Nagazi, and Nagah are becoming prominent in my campaign.  Obviously the Nagazi are already set up as a player race.  I was wondering if there were any suggestions about recommended cultures for the Nagah and Nagaral, especially ones that are already built into the Open Office character generator.  My guess was Highlands for the Nagaral, and Marauder for the Nagah, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Nagaral
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2009, 09:02:59 AM »
The Nagah are tribal in nature, plain and simple. They have always been nasty and "evil", and there are even more things going on (get the Cyradon Gazetteer if you do not already have it, as it gives you an idea of what is happening with the Nagah).

The Nagaral are more civilized, but just barely. Think of their cities of more of a Conan-esque type of culture. Strength rules, and all else comes from that.

Offline masque1223

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2009, 12:14:37 PM »
Yeah, that I knew, and I'm partially basing the upcoming plotline on the stuff in the Gazetteer.  The Nagah I'm describing are bestial, like orcs or Uruk-Hai with scales, and I've been equating the Nagazi with Athens and Nagaral with Sparta, in demeanor at least, if not technology, weapon style, etc. 

Really, at the moment I'm just looking for suggestions about which culture to pick for them in terms of character gen.  They'll be NPCs, of course, but I like to use the character generator to make my really important NPCs, so that I have fully developed info on them that I can riff on as I interface them with the players. 

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2009, 12:26:19 PM »
The Nagazi would be more like late renaissance Italy while the Nagaral would be more like the early Mesopotamian city-states (or perhaps early Olmac or other (savage-like) meso-american city-states).

Offline Right Wing Wacko

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Patriot, Crusader, and Grognard
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2009, 02:14:32 PM »
Highlander culture...

is that the one in the HB with the Asyr?

(I don't have my stuff with me right now!)
A military solution isn't the only answer, just one of the better ones.
www.strategypage.com

"Note #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game."- markc

Offline masque1223

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2009, 09:30:10 PM »
I'm at work and don't have my stuff with me right now.  I just know it's listed in the template, and I know the Nagaral live in a somewhat mountainous region, according to the map and book, if I read it correctly.

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2009, 10:07:39 PM »
The Nagaral live in 5 coastal cities and the surrounding lands (one city is on a small island). There are mountains to the south and east of their lands.

The Nagazi live along the eastern side of the eastern mountains (and on down to the coast), and the Nagah live in the jungles south of the mountains to the south of the Nagaral.