Author Topic: What HARP spell has the largest description?  (Read 1497 times)

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
What HARP spell has the largest description?
« on: October 23, 2014, 11:57:02 PM »
I am beginning a project to create some "spell cards" for HARP, using thegamecrafter.com. I have to design the layout of the cards first and  thought that using the largest spell description as a base would be a good idea.  i spent lots of time looking through the books before to find which spell has the longest description but I missed a few and the layout didn't look so good afterwards. So I'm turning to the forums for help on this. I am using the 3 current core books, primarily HARP Fantasy and College of Magics.
Thanks ahead of time!

Bruce
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
Re: What HARP spell has the largest description?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 05:33:27 AM »
That is probably Turn Undead from the core rulebook.
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2014, 08:22:18 PM »
Thanks but I think Dancing Weapon is slightly larger, it's on page 141. I believe I had seen a spell that took up more than half a page. I couldn't find it but I did only skim through the books. Maybe I'll get the chance this weekend to skim through the books.

Bruce

Offline Tommi

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 11:57:44 AM »
Disease in CoM is more than one page! (p.86-87)

However somewhere there is keystone or something like it and IIRC it was even longer.

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2014, 03:53:09 PM »
Summon Animal, Dancing Weapon, and Turn Undead are all pretty long, but Disease is half of Pg. 86 and 3/4 of pg. 87 in CoM. It's got the record, by a ways.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2014, 04:11:26 PM »
Ahh yes, that does sound familiar.  That one might have to take up two cards.....
These are poker sized cards and I am trying to find a format that will be readable and still look good.

FYI, once I am finished these will be available on the Gamecrafter website. I am not sure how much I should set the price at and if I should offer separate decks based on the separate books (i.e. Core Fantasy book and College of Magics).
I think separate decks would be the way to go as I could probably get permission to do future cards based on any new products that come out.
Bruce