Author Topic: PbP Game seeks Dwarf Warrior  (Read 1562 times)

Offline damilano

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • No, the REDS are tens.
PbP Game seeks Dwarf Warrior
« on: February 05, 2015, 08:23:35 AM »
The Tale of the Fifth Overseer, over on the Real Roleplaying boards, is looking for a Dwarf-at-heart to play Throk Son of Grok, Knight of Khazad Dum.

Or perhaps I should say formerly Knight of Khazad Dum, as Throk's recent discommendation and banishment from Durin's halls has caused him to set out to seek redemption, and restoration of his title and good name!

The adventure is still in its opening scene.  There are five other characters and one NPC en route to The Last Bridge on the border of Arthedain and Rhudaur. 

Only a day from the objective, the Inn at the Last Bridge, the adventurers encountered a red-headed Dunadan fleeing across the lowlands hard by the Greyflood, pursued by a band of murderous cutthroats!

Will the party manage to drive off the assailants and save the Dunadan?
Why do the rogues on the road call the Dunadan a spy?
Will Throk complete the quest given to him by Durin himself, thus recovering his status and his honor?
Will the party ever reach the Last Inn now?

As Throk, son of Grok, you will be instrumental in determining the answers to this and other questions, perhaps even unravelling the mystery of the Fifth Overseer itself!

That is, if you survive.

Interested parties please email ccoelho@rentrecoverysolutions.com.
What do you mean, you didn't buy the Perception skill?

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
Re: PbP Game seeks Dwarf Warrior
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 06:32:31 AM »
You may want to specify the rules system that you are using as that may impact the interest of some potential players.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline damilano

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • No, the REDS are tens.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 11:21:23 AM »
Thank you, Thom, you're exactly right.  The system in use is the first edition not-MERP (I think I'm following correct naming protocol there).  The world is, of course, Tolkien's own as elaborated on the wonderful Iron Crown Adventure and Campaign modules of yesteryear.  The year is TA 1640 SR, and the locale is presently the Arthedain/Rhudaur border.
What do you mean, you didn't buy the Perception skill?

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 01:41:40 PM »
No need to worry about naming protocol.
We freely encourage mentioning MERP and Middle Earth, as long as everyone understands that ICE doesn't own the rights to that system or the setting there's no problem mentioning it.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline chukoliang

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 03:21:09 PM »
You let RM Dwarves in your game? I salute you sir. As a person who is a Dwarf at heart, I loved my old GM, but loathed what he called a Dwarf in his game. Basically he decided Dwarves and Halflings Magic resistance was unbalanced. And that is fine, but his solution was to just take away their bonuses and leave them with all the negatives. Yet he left High Elf stats untouched, because only 1 group member would lower himself to play a High Elf. Which means in his game if you play a Dwarf or Halfling you are desperate  ;)

I play RMSS and love it. But one of my favorite RMC books are the lore books for Middle Earth. I love the source book that told us all about the Dwarves and their fallen strong hold. Also about the other 5 Dwarven clans.  I loved this even to buy an old beat up copy, even  though I'm not a huge fan of Middle Earth's low magic game.

All who love playing Dwarves salute you and your group, sirs.