Author Topic: Casting Penalties for Furturistic Armor  (Read 2320 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Casting Penalties for Furturistic Armor
« on: January 28, 2017, 10:22:33 PM »
I'm starting a Science Fantasy adventure, and I'm looking for suggestions on CP for futuristic armors. Thank you.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Casting Penalties for Furturistic Armor
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 01:12:01 PM »
The easy suggestion would be to match CP with that of equivalent fantasy armor in terms of DB. So if futuristic armor gives DB equal to that of plate use the CP for plate. For armors better than plate, suggest proportional increase in casting penalty.

(There's an argument that could be made that futuristic armor is more "ordered" than fantasy armor and thus should actually have higher casting penalties!)

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 08:19:10 AM »
That's so simple, it's no wonder I didn't think of it. I'm starting them off on the Sci Fi side. So far the party consists of a Male Belter Ceran Fusion Researcher, a Belter Runcori Tech, and a Male Religious Silth Soldier.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Davrem

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2020, 01:11:59 AM »
When you talk about casting penalties are you using psionics or magic? I guess what I'm getting at is, should their be armour based casting penalties for psionic characters?

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 10:54:50 AM »
Spellcasters, not Adepts and Fusions. Though it was much after he posted, I found the casting penalty information for futuristic armors and pieces. As I recall, the explanation for armor interfering with Power Points was it restricted motion, whereas and Adept/Fusion-whatever just has to think at you for a round.
#LotorAllura2024