Author Topic: Seeking a PBEM/PbP game  (Read 2549 times)

Offline djones

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Seeking a PBEM/PbP game
« on: June 21, 2016, 07:37:02 AM »
Hello folks,

I've been away from Rolemaster for a while but you always come back. Right now my timezones and availability make playing a regular game a little tough, so I was hoping to find a spot in either a play by email or post campaign. I know RMC2 far better than RMSS.

I've always wanted to play a Nightblade, if that would fit with your group, but I'm willing to be flexible if I have to.

Offline djones

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Seeking a PBEM/PbP game
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 03:23:42 PM »
A little extra background and history is probably in order, after looking at some of the other posts here.

I started RPing at school, as many others did, with a Magician in a MERP campaign and after I left school, was a regular in both roleplaying and theater societies in college.

I had something of an enforced break during my early career, mainly due to a lack of interested nearby folks in the early days of internet, but I kept up a fair sized library of books, mostly RM2 and GURPS, with a little Traveller thrown in. In the absence of a regular RP group I turned to online gaming, first Everquest, which lead to my employment at Blizzard Entertainment to work on World of Warcraft.

In recent years I've managed to get a couple of groups together; I'm currently playing in one group with some work colleagues, GMing the Giantslayer Adventure Path for another group in Pathfinder and meeting irregularly with a group that plays rotating games and takes turn GMing.

However, as is often the case with these things, the system you want to play is the one you end up having to GM because you're the one who knows it best.

In addition to a Nightblade/other fantasy characters, I'd be interested in a Time Riders campaign or trying out Dark Space.

Offline wolfiewolf

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 12:19:35 PM »
I'd love to play. Haven't been able to find a group for years. Due to time commitments PBemail would be a great option.

Offline djones

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 11:17:47 AM »
I'd love to play. Haven't been able to find a group for years. Due to time commitments PBemail would be a great option.

Excellent, all groups start with people agreeing to play together!

Do you have an idea of what sort of character you might like to play?

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2016, 06:27:45 PM »
I was going to suggest checking out http://www.realroleplaying.com/rmsmf/index.php but the forums appear to be down due to a database error.

I play 2 PBEMs over there - both HARP, one in Middle Earth and one in a home brew world - plus there are several other ICE-games running.

Regards,
Old Man
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **

Offline Mordrig

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 01:09:40 PM »
Folks, for many years I have played a Rolemaster game, as a Nightblade.

http://landsofnevron.com/

Check it out, a game that allows players total freedom, of course there are consequences to your actions, and several players have died.  Still it is PBeM (play By eMail) formerly PBM, but is a strong game, with the option to create your own startup character of take over one that has been dropped.

Offline Featherstone

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 07:39:37 AM »
Not sure if you're still looking, but here's my play by post game.