Author Topic: HARP SciFi  (Read 5096 times)

Offline flyingcircus

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
HARP SciFi
« on: July 17, 2010, 08:32:56 AM »
Who is doing this now?  I only ask because I bought the Beta a long time ago and was promised a final version but have heard nothing and now its not even listed on the site anymore. :(

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: HARP SciFi
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 08:44:09 AM »
Guild Companion Publications Limited has taken over the entire HARP SF line from Mjolnir/ICE. We have the list of beta purchasers and gamma purchasers. Once the first HARP SF volume is completed, I will be contacting purchasers of previous versions in order to ensure that they can collect their shiny pdfs. As a beta purchaser, you will be contacted twice, once for HARP SF, once for the HARP SF Xtreme volume.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline DavidKlecker

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Everything is coming up Milhouse!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 11:17:18 AM »
Any dates when this will be available to the general public?

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 02:41:32 PM »
Any dates when this will be available to the general public?

As soon as we have cover and layout finished, we will launch HARP SF. I have three top artists working on the interiors and cover for HARP SF Xtreme, and they are scheduled to complete in September, so layout will follow in short order all being well.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 11:54:52 AM »
Very exciting...I wonder if I am a beta/buyer.....I purchased a beta book that was rushed to gen-con
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 01:57:11 PM »
The beta purchasers were those who paid to receive access to the public playtest files for HARP SF (which at the time included the material now in HARP SF Xtreme), and received various pdfs during that period. Gamma purchasers were those who bought the sans-art pdf of the HARP SF volume that Mjolnir/ICE sold on its web store following the end of the public playtest.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Witchking20k

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 06:18:25 AM »
:(

I'll probably buy it anyway.......if it looks enough like my current book I may not even have to tell my wife!
Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Offline flyingcircus

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 04:46:16 PM »
Just seems to be taking just a little too long for my part.

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 07:46:09 PM »
Just seems to be taking just a little too long for my part.

I would have liked it to have been ready for launch the moment the HARP SF line moved from Mjolnir to Guild Companion Publications Ltd, but that was an obvious impossibility as we could not have had freelancers work on a project on-spec without surety that it would have been published by us in due course. That's not fair on any type of freelancer.

Once it did transition, however, we've been able to contract people to edit the manuscript, to create the artwork both interior and cover, and to do the layout. All of which takes time because all of the freelancers have day jobs and there's a lot to HARP SF and HARP SF Xtreme, but we are getting there and it will be completed and it will be worth the wait and it will be a supported game line.

I am impatient too.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline flyingcircus

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 06:33:09 PM »
Is there any more news on the release of this yet?

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 12:45:32 AM »
Is there any more news on the release of this yet?

I am a bit curious about that too.  :hm:

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2010, 03:27:37 AM »
An update on HARP SciFi is in the October editorial of the Guild Companion. And the update that I would make to that update is that Joel cracked the problems of the HARP SF front cover yesterday.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2010, 10:46:45 AM »
As soon as we have cover and layout finished,
I, for one, like what was put out with the Beta Book. It was both futury (new word!  :D) and pretty. The only thing for me was the interior art. I understand why just want new stuff to go with the new setting and stuff. The artists that did some of the interior work for Marc Millers Traveller series, especially the book Anomolies, would be great. Also, the artist for the old Manhunter RPG would be great. I will get you their names as soon as I get back home. (Yes, I realize it is probably late in the game, but maybe they can be utilized for future products.)
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 11:08:09 PM »
OK here they are:

Bryan Gibson (MM's Traveller, Anomolies)

Jerry Bingham (Manhunter RPG)

Both do great work.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2010, 03:07:09 PM »
As soon as we have cover and layout finished,
I, for one, like what was put out with the Beta Book. It was both futury (new word!  :D) and pretty. The only thing for me was the interior art. I understand why just want new stuff to go with the new setting and stuff. The artists that did some of the interior work for Marc Millers Traveller series, especially the book Anomolies, would be great. Also, the artist for the old Manhunter RPG would be great. I will get you their names as soon as I get back home. (Yes, I realize it is probably late in the game, but maybe they can be utilized for future products.)

The Gamma version used a lovely Hubble starscape for the main portion of its cover. When stared at long enough, I became concerned that the straight-on view of a portal was giving the wrong impression. Also we really needed to have something different to make it clear that what we will publish is the final definitive version, not another stepping stone to a final version.

What Joel has been doing for us has been incredibly hard work but the end results are astounding.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 03:33:22 PM »
I’ll be happy to just be able to order me a hard copy of the final edition. I have the gencon-thingy (or whatever it was called), but having the proper harpsf physically in my hands is going to feel great!

Virtual copies are great, but the real thing is even better!
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 05:17:56 PM »
I’ll be happy to just be able to order me a hard copy of the final edition. <snip>
Virtual copies are great, but the real thing is even better!
I agree totally on both parts. I will be happy to get a Hard-Back copy, I just like the feel and heft of the hard-backed books. (You can smack an unruly player with them in a pinch!  ;D)

lordmalachdrim

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 08:48:31 PM »
So...when's it going up for sale?  ;D

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 01:45:47 PM »
We are very hopeful that we will have the first volume on sale in November with the second volume following after. Beta and gamma purchasers will find me turning up in their inboxes as soon as we have pdf versions ready for release.

As to when they come out in print, we will be using OneBookShelf for true print-on-demand, so we're on their schedule for making that service available to customers.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 03:16:02 PM »
Nice; looking forward to it.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.