Author Topic: Burn/Distance calculations  (Read 1454 times)

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
Burn/Distance calculations
« on: March 25, 2011, 09:51:49 AM »
Anyone seen a fairly simple calculator for this? Starting from _____ velocity, _____ sec burn at _____ g will equal _____ distance traveled and final velocity of _____?

I haven't spotted one in the core book. There's probably one on the internet somewhere, but I haven't found it yet.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Burn/Distance calculations
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 10:42:37 AM »
It's in the HARP SF Xtreme book in the vehicle chapter with formula and tables.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 11:35:02 AM »
Are we in Heisenberg mode on that one yet?
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 06:27:32 PM »
Here's something I kicked together today. Input acceleration in g's in cell A2, have it give you resulting velocity and total distance traveled  for _____ seconds of burn. Quick and dirty.

Somebody check my math and make sure I'm doing this right, huh?

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 09:40:38 PM »
BTW, velocity is in m/s, distance in m.

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 11:01:25 AM »
And it's a rough, I rounded 1g to 9.8m/sec/sec. I don't know how much that adds up over time, but it's a smidge short.

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 10:07:36 AM »
So what's the consensus, is my math right, or did I screw it up somewhere? Obviously I think it's right, but it'd be nice to have a second opinion.

Offline providence13

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 04:29:28 PM »
Thanks so much. I don't know about the math yet, but I appreciate the effort involved.
"The Lore spell assaults your senses- Roll on the spontaneous human combustion table; twice!"