Author Topic: HARP SF and HARP SF Xtreme now in print!  (Read 4936 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
HARP SF and HARP SF Xtreme now in print!
« on: December 20, 2011, 02:48:51 PM »
In case you've not heard, we now have multiple versions of HARP SF and HARP SF Xtreme in honest-to-goodness physical books - softcovers and hardcovers.

I'm still trying to get good photos of these so that you can see what they look like as books. My first attempts have been reflecting the ceiling lights on the glossy covers into my camera, which is not what I want!

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline ob1knorrb

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +150/-150
    • ICE Roleplaying WebRing
Re: HARP SF and HARP SF Xtreme now in print!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2011, 11:23:43 PM »
If memory and my records serve me correctly, I think these are the first print products to be made available in over two years, and the first new print product for an ICE game in more than three and a half years

I believe the last print product that came out was the Cloth Bound reprints of the RMFRP products in August 2009.  The last new item to come out in print was Rolemaster Classic Combat Companion in March 2008 if I'm not mistaken.

Congrats and I look forward to seeing how they look  ;D
Brent Knorr...
Ringmaster:ICE Roleplaying Webring - http://www.icewebring.com

Offline craggles

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • I intend to live forever ... or die trying!
    • Personal Sketchpad
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 12:14:59 AM »
Hopefully you'll not be disappointed!  ;D
Logo Rolemaster (Unified). Illustration of 2 Covers.
Logo Re-Vamp of Shadow World.
Illustration, Page Design & Layout of Shadow World Players Guide - The World.
Illustration of various other Shadow World products
Logo Design, Page Design & Layout of HARP SF & SFX
Feel free to browse my gallery

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2011, 02:57:43 PM »
Super cool! Can't wait to get my order in! It's too bad that they weren't ready a bit sooner before Christmas, though.  :)
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

Offline Erik Sharma

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2011, 03:43:42 AM »
I am a bit confused. I have always thought HARP SF Xtreme was just gonna be bigger version of HARP SF. But by the sound of the description HARP SF Xtreme seems to be an expansion to HARP SF. Can anyone confirm or deny this so I know what to order in the future.

Offline pastaav

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Swedish gaming club
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2011, 04:06:51 AM »
I am a bit confused. I have always thought HARP SF Xtreme was just gonna be bigger version of HARP SF. But by the sound of the description HARP SF Xtreme seems to be an expansion to HARP SF. Can anyone confirm or deny this so I know what to order in the future.

Harp SF Xtreme includes the rules for Vehicles and Vehicle combat, Cyberware and Eletronic Characters. These was originally planned to be included  in the main book, but during alpha testing they where split into a book of its own because the manuscript became to long. HARP SF is around 240 pages and Harp SF Xtreme is 124. In practice you as GM need them both, but the other players might be inclined to only buy HARP SF.
/Pa Staav

Offline Marc R

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2011, 12:10:05 PM »
Got my Hardcover of Xtreme, looks really good. Color version came out very nicely.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 01:28:06 PM »
Just curious...for HARP SF (ect..) will the print versions be available at game shops & bookstores or just through One book Shelf? Just curious if I'd be able order then via BN.com or not.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 03:58:17 PM »
Put down my first order, softcover now.... hardcover next time. Need a complete set :)
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2012, 05:06:52 PM »
Just curious...for HARP SF (ect..) will the print versions be available at game shops & bookstores or just through One book Shelf? Just curious if I'd be able order then via BN.com or not.

For the immediate future, hard copies will only be available via POD at the One Book Shelf group - RPGNow (http://www.rpgnow.com/) and DrivethruRPG (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/)

We are working on some ideas to get hard copy product into the brick and mortar stores, but we're too far away to get into any details about it.  Odds are it won't be BN due to the size differential between our companies, but we will try to get back into the FLGS where we can once we have the plan worked out.
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2012, 02:06:12 AM »
I got my last two yesterday, ordered the whole bunch, and have to say that they are really good quality! The printing and the binding came out very nicely!

Good choice of a method!
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2012, 01:07:14 PM »

For the immediate future, hard copies will only be available via POD at the One Book Shelf group - RPGNow (http://www.rpgnow.com/) and DrivethruRPG (http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/)

Cool thanx Thom. Looks that from now on I'll need to ask for prepaid debit cards for my B-day & X-mas so I can order stuff from u guys (plus music companies that their product are not carried by BN.com).

We are working on some ideas to get hard copy product into the brick and mortar stores, but we're too far away to get into any details about it.  Odds are it won't be BN due to the size differential between our companies, but we will try to get back into the FLGS where we can once we have the plan worked out.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 02:04:09 PM by Thom @ ICE, Reason: corrected embedded quote/message »
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 11:13:05 AM »
Got my copy of HARP SF Extreme today. Looking it over now, first impression is GREAT!  8)
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 01:13:22 PM »
I received my copy of HARP SF after 7 days, HARP SF Extreme and Shadowworld Payers Guide is still not sent, but I ordered these two as Full Color versions, so it is within the limits.

The quality of the print is very good and the hardcover seems to be quite robust. The print is in a very good contrast and it looks very nice. However ALL papers (except of the cover and the first/thicker white page at the beginning and end) are curled. It is constant over all pages, so I doubt that it is because they got wet. It looks more like a general problem.

I will try to press it somehow overnight, let's see how it looks like tomorrow.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 06:37:48 PM »
I received my copy of HARP SF after 7 days, HARP SF Extreme and Shadowworld Payers Guide is still not sent, but I ordered these two as Full Color versions, so it is within the limits.

The quality of the print is very good and the hardcover seems to be quite robust. The print is in a very good contrast and it looks very nice. However ALL papers (except of the cover and the first/thicker white page at the beginning and end) are curled. It is constant over all pages, so I doubt that it is because they got wet. It looks more like a general problem.

I would contact the printer and find out what they have to say. And as you said some heavy books on top of it may press the pages flat. ;D
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2012, 11:41:03 PM »
I just wanted to offer my testimonial. I ordered HARP SF (hardcover) and HARP SF Extreme (hardcover color) and I must say that I am very satisfied! These are by far better quality than any of the hardcover books I ever recieved during the Mjolnir ICE era.  ;D
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 01:08:16 PM »

I would contact the printer and find out what they have to say. And as you said some heavy books on top of it may press the pages flat. ;D
MDC

No change after pressing one full day, with a cupboard and an old TV on top (so far heavier than a few books :D).

Yes, I already considered contacting RPGNow, but I'm not a guy who needs "nice" books as long as they are functional. And I don't want to have this stress with sending it back and waiting again ;)

So, let's hope that the other two books look better and that the binding is not as bad as the paper.

I just wanted to offer my testimonial. I ordered HARP SF (hardcover) and HARP SF Extreme (hardcover color) and I must say that I am very satisfied! These are by far better quality than any of the hardcover books I ever recieved during the Mjolnir ICE era.  ;D

Regarding the quality of the old HARP books I can say that I never had a book in a bad condition, even after ordering the "Scratch & Dent" series. So, at the moment I would give the PoD service a "minus" compared to the old printer of Mjolnir.

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 01:31:42 PM »
Just received my Shadow World Player Guide in full color after 22 days. Looks perfect, no flaws... a very nice book!

Offline WoeRie

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2012, 06:43:14 AM »
And to complete this... I finally received HARP SF Extreme as hardbound in color!
Though it tooks quite long, it is perfect. Great book! Really outstanding!

Offline mac

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2013, 12:27:20 PM »
so can I play harp sf with just the extreme book or do I need both to play?
is harpsf extreme just an add on supplement? ???