Author Topic: Stellar System Generation  (Read 1509 times)

Offline arakish

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +5/-5
  • A joy of mine
Stellar System Generation
« on: April 09, 2013, 09:53:59 AM »
I heard that there was a blank in the HARP-SF books, specifically about Stellar System Generation (SSG).  I have been working on a system independent version on my website.  I know there a lot of SSGs out there to use; however, very few of them I have found actually use hard science.  The only one I have ever found that does is Astrosynthesis by NBOS.  Eventually, I am planning on putting my SSG into a document for anyone to download for free.

Stellar System Generation

There are some sections that need some rewriting, but I have yet to get a round tuit.  Eventually, I will get those sections rewritten.  This web version of my Guild Companion articles is more up to date and fixes some errors I missed in those articles (since I hurried them for TGC to publish).  It also includes some updates to our knowledge since TGC published those articles.

I designed this SSG so any person may generate as much data as they desire.  If there is any data you do not wish to determine, simply skip the step.  Generate as much or as little data as you wish.  There are also some javascript applets that will do some of the calculations for you.

One factor my SSG does NOT include is the viability of life forms in any stellar system.  That is for the GM to decide.

As with anything I create, enjoy or curse it.

rmfr
"Beware those who would deny you access to information, for they already dream themselves your master."
— RMF Runyan in Sci-Fi RPG session (GM); quoted from the PC game SMAC.

Offline VladD

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +10/-10
Re: Stellar System Generation
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 01:29:01 PM »
Very interesting and informative stuff! Throw in a few more random determination tables and its HARP SF supplement... I was lost in space for quite a while!

Thanks... idea point?
Game On!