Author Topic: what are some of the vehicles like of other races and , what are some other star  (Read 2277 times)

Offline area51games

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • GOT DICE?
maybe we can get a contest going for other to submit some space ships and then you can run them in the Guild magazine and some else can stat them out and do history on them and all kinds of stuff. but a star ship cataloge would be cool.
like this one, or maybe every one can submit and attachment and we can make a catalog in this thread?
Mal: "Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. Whaddya suppose that makes us?"
Zoe: "Big damn heroes, sir."
Mal: "Ain't we just!"

Offline area51games

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • GOT DICE?
so this is a customer job my Group is running around in, they got it at a discount from a backrupt shipbuilding LLC , that did customer ships of fiction, be-leave it or not the company did not go bankrupt due to building the likeness of other copy writes material space ships, they sold like hot cakes, it was the License fees that forced them to close their doors.
limited edition collectible star ship stock light freighter
Availability = u
original cost : 500M @ Auction 200M
Mass ;6000
psgr: 4/5
cargo :3730
speed: 0.05
Energy : 400f
init: 0
hits 110
Armor 10
Shields 10
EW 10
pd 10
Man 15
two small lasers +0
and tiny laser underbellie for anti personal +0
Mal: "Well, look at this! Appears we got here just in the nick of time. Whaddya suppose that makes us?"

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
I worked on creating a bunch of starships for the Bughunters update I did.  The problem I encountered was that it was hard to keep them consistent with the existing designs.  Once the Sys Op's guide is out I expect there will be some guidelines for building ships but until then you will need to make a lot of guesses to try to stay consistent.

I do intend to create some Silth raider ships soon however.  I have been slowly putting together an introductory adventure where Silth raiders attack a hidden colony of man in the 2469 time frame.

-Pyrotech
-Pyrotech

Offline area51games

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • GOT DICE?
Re: WE DON'T NEED ANY MORE HEROES CAMPAIGN
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2013, 10:06:58 PM »
Campaign : we don't need any more Heroes
The the Astro- navy has activated the Emrgancy Clause of article 66 of the Federation  Astro navy reserve and intersteller Trade certifications of all Vessels who uttilize Navy reserve benefits.
thus conscripting the Crew of Carl Ann and her Captian to serve as part of a Blockade network in a 40 ly parameter of Fed space.

though a new nanotech the silth are able to appear and act human, one such saboteur got abourd the Carl Ann , and all though the crew descovered her just in time she still set the ship engine room on fire and tried to set off the explosive , so it would destroy or damage the carrier the Carl Ann was aboard for upgrades.
the Captian>nps, First Mate.> nps and senior pilot where held for inquirer the junior officers where offered a ship to carry on. with a few call thier connections got them thier own ship, a old custom job from some old earth science fiction film from over four hundred years ago. it flew and it was fast and diffiffrent from Fed Navy ships witch made the PC very happy.

what a little knowledge can do . . . . . what well happen next ?
For the New Crew of the unique Vessel class light freighter- model : Millennium Falcon CALL SIGN : ?
Crew Capt Shausha N
First mate Ragnar Onnison 
Tasha Hertz
Jessi a Gentic engineered Life form " GELF"  TYPE  Valkierie

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
Here are the first drafts of the Silth raiders I created for my adventure:

Hasst Family
Silth Raider Ship
“Caiman” Assault Shuttle
Avail: R
Cost: 80M
Mass: 900 tons
Passengers: 30 plus 5 crew
Cargo 750 tons
Speed: 0.05c/600g
Power: 75F (500)
Interlock to Starship

Init: -6
Hits: 60
Armor: 20
Shields: 10
Electronic Warfare: 10
Point Defense: 10
Maneuverability: 9
Weaponry: +0 Small Laser, +0 Small Particle Beam, +0 tiny warhead (x4)

First encountered in 2468 by the Last Leg lost colony, these raider ships are used by the Hasst Family to destroy system defenses and perform boarding actions or small unit ground assaults.  Somewhat smaller than Astronavy assault shuttles, these tend to perform worse in protracted battles but have better surge firepower and orbital bombardment capabilities.  Dubbed the “Caiman” by Last Leg defenders, this vessel was the workhorse of the Silth attack on the Last Leg colony.  The Caiman interlocked to the larger “Gator” Raider ship.

Hasst Family
Silth Raider Ship
“Gator” Raider Mothership
Cost: 500M
Mass: 5000 tons
Passengers: 180 + 20 crew
Cargo: 1000 tons
Speed: 0.03C/300g
Power: 400F (3000)
Interlocks for 6 Assault Shuttles or 12 Fighters

Hits: 100
Point Defense: 10
Weaponry: +0 Small Laser (x4), +0 Medium Particle Beam (x2), +0 Medium warhead (x2)

First encountered in 2468 by the Last Leg lost colony, these raider ships are used by the Hasst Family to transport smaller raider shuttles and fighters in FTL travel.  These ships are also used to coordinate the actions of the shuttles and fighters during an attack.  Smaller than an Astronavy corvette, these vessels perform poorly to similarly sized vessels one on one.  Considerable speed and firepower was sacrificed in order to carry and support the interlocked vessels.  Dubbed the “Gator” by Last Leg defenders, this vessel was the primary command and transport component of the Silth attack on the Last Leg colony.  During the Last Leg attack several Gators were noted to carry 3 Caiman and 6 Geckos interlocked.

Hasst Family
Silth Raider Fighter
“Gecko” Raider Starfighter
Cost: 8M
Mass: 90 tons
Passengers: 1 crew
Cargo: 2.5 tons
Speed: 0.07C/600g
Power: 2F3 (10)
Interlocks to Starships

Hits: 35
Point Defense: none
Weaponry: +0 Small Laser , +0 tiny warhead (x2)

First encountered in 2468 by the Last Leg lost colony, these raider ships are used by the Hasst Family to engage lightly armed craft singly, or work together to engage larger craft.  Another design smaller than the equivalent Astronavy design, this fighter packs additional firepower but at the expense of survivability.  Called the “Gecko” by the Last Leg colony, this design was used to devastate the colonies non-military presence.  As many as 12 of these fighters could be interlocked to a carrier ship for FTL travel.  The greatest weakness of this craft noted by the Last Leg defense force was the fact that it was a single pilot craft.  The pilot was simply too busy to be able to fully utilise the technical and numeric advantages of these fighters. 

Now I need to finalize the mostly complete gunboats the Last Leg defense force will be using.

-Pyrotech
-Pyrotech

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
 I do not know but are SM2 ships close to HARP SciFi ships? Or what about Traveler ships vs HARP SciFi ships? You might be able to use those in a pinch until the fully detailed ship building rules come out.
 You can also buy SM2 StarStrike, and ships books and Armored Assault on PDF to use for HARP SciFi and I think thay can be a great game in themselves.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline area51games

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • GOT DICE?
what about old space opera rpg- they have a interesting ship; book
As a fan I do want ship building rules but I also want a ship Catalog of 2473
here are a few of my races I am introduce in Harp Sci fi
Like Darathul : Heavy world-ers
Thonizs = tall light world
Pakoonie = small forested world
Laxivon giant intelligent dinosaur