Author Topic: An unusual playable race requested by one of my players  (Read 1369 times)

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
An unusual playable race requested by one of my players
« on: August 08, 2014, 05:30:45 PM »
Hey all,

One of my players has requested to play an alien race similar to the cat/armor in El-Hazzard (anime).

Now, I can find a way to fit such a creature into my game, but I just am not sure about what kind of stats to give it.  Below is my very first stab at it.  Any comments or feedback on how to improve it?

Living Belt

Class I tiny race
Racial Stat Bonuses:
Co +3, SD +3, IN +2, PR +2

Racial Modifiers:
Endurance Bonus: +30
Power Point Bonus: +20
Psi Energy Bonus: +15
STM RR Bonus: +20
WIL RR Bonus: +0
MAG RR Bonus: +10

Adulthood 5 years, Lifespan 30 years, Age Increment 1
Base Height 1m (long), Height mod 1
Base Weight 30 kg, Weight mod 1

Racial Talents:
Shield Host
Psychic Sustenance
Tough Hide (Greater) {+60 DB}
Latent Psi Field

Racial Limitations:
Slow Walker

Shield Host: A Living Belt can move to protect its host from melee and slow moving missile attacks using its own tough hide.  Even against modern ranged attacks it presence on its host gives a +10 DB bonus to the host.  Using a full round maneuver the Living Belt may execute a full parry and split the DB gained from the maneuver as it sees fit between itself and its host.

Psychic Sustenance: A Living Belt can gain nutrition by normal physical means, but it may also psychicely drain anyone it is in physical contact with.  This drain is resolved as a Psychic attack resisted by will, using the Living Belt’s SD and PR bonus as its OB.  A successful attack drains the target of 1 Psychic energy point, which can sustain the Living Belt for 4 hours.

The Living Belt was a creature created during the Quarm-Tazzim war.  The Quarm used them as suplimental armor and allies.  Resembling a hairy lizard or cat the Living Belt will wrap itself around a host and feed off of any nearby food dropped by the host, or even the hosts own psychic energies.  In return the Living Belt will seek to help defend its symbiotic partner.  Detached from a partner the Living Belt is slowmoving on the ground but a good swimmer and excellent brachiator.

Thanks,
-Pyrotech