Author Topic: DP cost for a new talent  (Read 1495 times)

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
DP cost for a new talent
« on: March 21, 2015, 06:36:15 PM »
Hey all,

I've been kickng around an idea for a new talent for Harp Sci-Fi for a couple days now.  I figure I had best get some feedback from others who have used the Psi powers more than I have on it.

I am tentatively calling it "Additional Racial Familiarity"

In a nutshell it removes the penalty for a Psi Power when used on a race other than the user.  This is similar to the Multiple subskill proficiency skill but different because of the mechanics of Psi powers.

So my questions would be how much should such a power cost and how many Psi Powers would each use of this talent count for?

Would 5 DP for this talent that works on just one Psi Power and is needed for each additional race the user is familiar with be appropriate?  How about 15 DP for all Psi Powers the user can use per race of additional familiarity?

What do you feel would be appropriate for this?

Regards,

-Pyrotech

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: DP cost for a new talent
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 05:30:04 AM »
15 DPs and only applies to one Discipline. This is because you are reducing the Tier needed and allows Tier 5 effects against aliens.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
Re: DP cost for a new talent
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 03:06:34 PM »
Thanks Nicholas,

This should help a lot.  I've got one player who has an alien PC who uses Biokinesis mostly on the rest of the party (mostly human and synthetic humans).  I anticipate she will be looking for a talent like this before too long.

For the synthetics I'll probably say Biokinesis require a unique instance of the talent, but Telepathy won't since synths are mentally the same as humans but physically/genetically different.

Regards,
-Pyrotech