Author Topic: What are reasonable limits for Biosculpting?  (Read 1286 times)

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
What are reasonable limits for Biosculpting?
« on: April 02, 2015, 09:57:50 AM »
Hey all,

One of my players is using the living belt race I posted a few threads back but they are concerned over the character's mass.  My player would like to reduce their character's mass to reduce the character's impact on it's "host".  They are looking at the Biosculpting trait to do this, but want to know how much it would cost and how light they could make themselves.

Right now I am leaning towards the idea that this change would be a 5DP cost Biosculpt (because it is full body) and could allow the player to choose any height/weight within their racial normal limits (30kg +/- 10 kg in this case).  Anything beyond this would require a new talent similar to Giantism (perhaps the Shrink (minor) trait for 20DB with a 3/4 height and 1/2 mass modifier - but I'm totally guessing on the DB cost for this).

What is everyone elses opinion on this?

Regards,
-Pyrotech

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: What are reasonable limits for Biosculpting?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 10:41:43 AM »
Seems plausible to me.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme