Author Topic: A survailance Grav Van for Harp Sci-Fi  (Read 1366 times)

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
A survailance Grav Van for Harp Sci-Fi
« on: September 29, 2015, 03:37:21 PM »
Hey all,

I put this together for myself and didn't think it was really enough material to bother with a Guild Companion article, so I'm posting it here.

Vehicle       Avail    Cost    Mass    Psngrs    Cargo    Speed/Accel    Energy    Init    Hits    Armor    Sh.    EW    PD    Man    Weaponry
WI-725-s    R          104K     4.5      6        2.28(.760)   275km/h     10vp        -5       11       5        0        0        0        2     (+0 light support laser)

The WI-725-s is a grav van intended to be used for covert surveillance.  It was originally contracted to Watanabe Industries by Shu Wei Enterprises, but Shu Wei canceled the order before production could begin.  Watanabe having already gone through most of the development decided to finish the product and market it to other government and private organizations. 

The WI-725-s is patterned after the venerable WI-725 grav van used by many small freight and moving companies in wealthier areas of the galaxy.  The key differences however are in its frame and payload.  The s model uses a newer high strength alloy adding considerable strength and crew protection.  The exterior is equipped with a chameleon surface allowing it to change color or blend in with backgrounds on demand.  The cargo portion of the van holds a communications station, a sensors station, 2 passenger seats, and 2.25 cubic meters of storage for gear.  The WI-725-s also includes a planetary scale communications set, a full sensor suite of bio and construct sensors, and an on-board computer system.  The drivers compartment includes a set of controls and an additional passenger seat.

The WI-725-s is powered by 10 vehicle power packs which give it a 4 hour operating span at full speed.  While sitting the power supply will last for almost a week without recharging.  The additional weight of cargo did degrade the top speed of the van, but the stronger frame allows for better maneuverability than typical grav vans.

Let me know if any of this is useful for anyone.  If it is I may start making more things like this.

Regards,

-Pyrotech