Author Topic: Another Harp Sci-Fi quick vehicle (grav sled)  (Read 1809 times)

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
Another Harp Sci-Fi quick vehicle (grav sled)
« on: September 30, 2015, 04:26:26 PM »
Here is another quick vehicle I cooked up for Harp Sci-Fi.  Inspired by the scout speeders from Return of the Jedi.  I could definitely see some PCs somewhere using something like this.

Watanabi Industries 237 series recon grav sled.

Vehicle       Avail    Cost    Mass    Psngrs    Cargo    Speed/Accel    Energy    Init    Hits    Armor    Sh.    EW    PD    Man    Weaponry
WI-237       R          54K     1          2        0.4(.146)   500km/h        2vp        -5       5       5           0        0       0        5     +0 light support laser

The 237 series grav sled from Watanabi Industries is a small light recon vehicle for rapidly deploying scout forces.  It is essentially a slightly oversized and armed grav bike.  The pilot and one passenger sit in an open seat with a heavy windshield to protect them from the winds created by its speed.  The 237 is intended for purely recon missions, but the forward facing light support laser may be used against enemy infantry or thin skinned vehicles should the need arise.  This grav sled is equipped with a planetary scale communications system and an integrated computer, but has no integral sensors.  Any sensor gear must be carried by the mounted scouts.  Watanabi engineers designed this grav sled for harsh environments and combat, which has improved its maneuverability and armor over similar grav bikes.  The power source of 2 vehicle power supplies limits its operating time at full speed to about 2 hours and is the chief complaint about this model.  Others complain about insufficient protection of the crew and the lack of integrated sensor suites, but due to its size and price it remains popular with many scout forces.

Lets see if I get inspired by anything tomorrow.

Regards,
-Pyrotech

Offline thedoctor

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Another Harp Sci-Fi quick vehicle (grav sled)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 11:24:58 AM »
With it being inspired by the speeder bikes from SW, I'm guessing that the pilot and passenger ride in tandem.

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points +45/-45
Re: Another Harp Sci-Fi quick vehicle (grav sled)
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 12:18:08 PM »
That is how I would envision it as well.  The grav bike from Harp SF Xtreme does it this way.  If anyone was worried over the altitude ceiling for this I would use the grav bike's 5m ceiling.

Really this is just a slightly larger and armed grav bike.  If I could have squeezed a sensor suite and a bit more endurance into it I would have really liked to, but just like in real life sometimes compromises need to be made.

Regards,

-Pyrotech