Author Topic: Combat Minion for HARP?  (Read 1286 times)

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
Combat Minion for HARP?
« on: August 29, 2016, 04:59:57 PM »
Hi,
I was wondering whether there may be any chance to get the combat minion for HARP (especially for Martial Law with damage adjustment by armour).
We used Arms Law in our last campaign and I really enjoyed using the minion. It made things smooth and easy. This would also be a great help for HARP's Martial Law.

Thanks for the great work!
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

Offline Merkir

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Long lost GM
    • Information Technology
Re: Combat Minion for HARP?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 01:21:14 AM »
Since I initially wrote Combat Minion as personal hobby software after getting back into Rolemaster after a 20+ year hiatus, I was quite happy to provide it to the community at large, warts and all. It was already written after all. But as I don't play HARP (although I have read it and there's a lot to like!), I can't see how I would be able to find the time to write a Harp version.

It would come down to requiring a commercial incentive. Firstly though, that would mean finding how many potential people would be willing to buy such a thing, and whether that could cover software development costs. Sorry, but this is one time I'm going to have to say I can't do it for free.

Furthermore, this is something I would handball to ICE to do the required legwork to determine if there's a large enough market for it to be a possible product.

Many thanks for the question, munchy :)