Author Topic: Virtual Persona+Robot Starting Characters?  (Read 1300 times)

Offline Arokha

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Virtual Persona+Robot Starting Characters?
« on: September 02, 2016, 10:02:23 AM »
Hopefully the answer isn't obvious and I haven't just been missing it while reading Xtreme, but:

What does a character who wants to start as a Virtual Persona (not an AI) in a Robot do at character creation? The Robot chargen steps imply that you've already done the mental creation steps, saying that they'll have already picked their profession and mental stats, plus adolescent skill ranks, but I only see the 'Creating AI Characters' (p.86) section, which seems to have a lot of rules that wouldn't relate to Virtual Personas.

I don't see where I'd build a character that's already become a Virtual Persona at the start of the game.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Virtual Persona+Robot Starting Characters?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 03:41:04 PM »
Hi,

A Virtual Person begins life as an ordinary biological character. Read the first page of the Electronic Characters chapter. So you have to create the character as a normal character. If you want to create a 1st-level virtual person, then remember that becoming Virtual requires 20 DPs in terms of the Virtuality Talent. If you want the virtual person to be quickly downloaded into a robot body then you need to reserve even more of the starting 100 DPs.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme