Author Topic: ERA & Creatures  (Read 1351 times)

Offline talsharien

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
ERA & Creatures
« on: October 08, 2016, 01:40:49 AM »
I have yet to purchase a pack (only playing with demo) as I am awaiting the RMU release. Are there any Creature stats included in the packages or will there be an add on for such things?

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA & Creatures
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 10:26:55 AM »
The first version of the "Creature Module" is already included in the base product.
This just means that you can manually add a creature template, and then it can be chosen when adding an NPC.
The feature can be seen at this point of this tutorial video, but the video then moves on to creating custom NPCs.

The truth is, I intend to add more to this. There will be a filter to search all your loaded creature templates, an option to specify the level adjustment and group size to add to the adventure. And I intend to prepare a tutorial video for all that, once it is developed.

As regards creature content, the base product includes a Cobra and a Killer Whale to serve as example for those who might want to add their own creatures. You can ask in the advanced customization thread if you need help with the XML format required.

About book packages, the plan is to offer all creature stats from Creatures and Treasures for RMC, RMFRP and eventually RMU.
As of the writing of this post, my priority is to complete RMC Companion I and then continue with ERA for RMU (character creation and development is done, adventuring and combat are the next step in my ToDo list).
That means I can't estimate when I will be able to continue with the intended creature improvements.

But, with all that said, YOUR POST got me thinking... RMC Companion I includes a manageable number of creatures, that should be doable without compromising my other commitments.
So, I will try to include all creature stats from RMC Compainion I in that book package, although they would have to be used with the limited functionality of the current version (add 1 at a time, the level of the creature is the default level in the book, no searching but just a list of creature names).

Thanks for your question!

Offline talsharien

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: ERA & Creatures
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 05:46:59 AM »
Sounds good, makes me even more eager for the RMU release.