Author Topic: Kingdom / Estate Management Books  (Read 1670 times)

Offline khunkwai

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Kingdom / Estate Management Books
« on: October 29, 2016, 01:05:41 PM »
Hi,

Do any books exist for Shadow World or Rolemaster over all that cover the development, management and growth of estates/manors/kingdoms?

I've previously used HARN Manor and looked at the several Pendragon books that cover this at various levels, but I can't seem to find anything remotely like it for Rolemaster? Am I overlooking a book?

Tks

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Kingdom / Estate Management Books
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2016, 01:41:52 PM »
War Law had some stuff on how to build and manage an army. Other than that, though, I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline Pazuzu

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2016, 01:57:31 PM »
Castles and Ruins had some good stuff that could be expanded to cover domain costs.

Offline kmanktelow

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2016, 01:59:02 PM »
Hi, khunkwai,

Castles and Ruins has an outline the building of a Fortresses, along with the reasons they were historically built. Not particularly Kulthea related, however.

Just beaten to it! :-)

All the best,

Kevin

Offline khunkwai

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2016, 11:14:36 PM »
Thanks I will take a look at the Castles book and see how it compares, else it shouldn't be too hard to convert one of the other books over to RoleMaster if necessary.

Offline Old Man

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Campaign Nook
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2016, 08:12:16 PM »
Thanks I will take a look at the Castles book and see how it compares, else it shouldn't be too hard to convert one of the other books over to RoleMaster if necessary.

I used HarnManor as well. I'll see if I did anything unusual other than to approximate a monetary conversion from Harn(master) to Rolemaster.
** Yes, some of ROCO IV and VII is my fault. **