Author Topic: Starting as a Robot Character  (Read 143 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points 0/0
    • Awards
Starting as a Robot Character
« on: January 03, 2017, 10:47:36 AM »
I have some notes for a Science Fantasy HARP game, and I'm reading up on the robot character rules in Xtreme. These robots seem to assume that a character will first be a biological character. Having recently watched Rogue One, I was impressed with K2SO being both a wise cracker and a butt kicker on purpose. What if someone wants to start the game as a robot?

I'm also considering making Mystic Arts and Scientific the same category for Science Fantasy games.
To blame thy tool is to reveal thine own incompetence.

Refrain from use of the word "peeps", we are not marshmallow chickens or kangar-, em bunnies.

Offline pyrotech

• Adept
  • OIC Points 45/45
  • Awards OIC Member
    • Awards
Re: Starting as a Robot Character
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 11:39:09 AM »
For a purely synthetic character I believe the rules assume you start by building an AI entity then putting them in a robot body.

Regards,
-Pyrotech

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points 0/0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
    • Awards
Re: Starting as a Robot Character
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2017, 09:02:57 AM »
That is correct. Create the AI (see pages 86-88), build the robot body (see pages 92 and following)

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.rpgnow.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Fantasy Grounds