Castles and Ruins

Author Topic: Casting Penalties for Furturistic Armor  (Read 118 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points 0/0
    • Awards
Casting Penalties for Furturistic Armor
« on: January 28, 2017, 10:22:33 PM »
I'm starting a Science Fantasy adventure, and I'm looking for suggestions on CP for futuristic armors. Thank you.
To blame thy tool is to reveal thine own incompetence.

Refrain from use of the word "peeps", we are not marshmallow chickens or kangar-, em bunnies.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points 0/0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
    • Awards
Re: Casting Penalties for Furturistic Armor
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 01:12:01 PM »
The easy suggestion would be to match CP with that of equivalent fantasy armor in terms of DB. So if futuristic armor gives DB equal to that of plate use the CP for plate. For armors better than plate, suggest proportional increase in casting penalty.

(There's an argument that could be made that futuristic armor is more "ordered" than fantasy armor and thus should actually have higher casting penalties!)

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.rpgnow.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Zhaleskra

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points 0/0
    • Awards
Re: Casting Penalties for Furturistic Armor
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 08:19:10 AM »
That's so simple, it's no wonder I didn't think of it. I'm starting them off on the Sci Fi side. So far the party consists of a Male Belter Ceran Fusion Researcher, a Belter Runcori Tech, and a Male Religious Silth Soldier.
To blame thy tool is to reveal thine own incompetence.

Refrain from use of the word "peeps", we are not marshmallow chickens or kangar-, em bunnies.

Essence Companion