Author Topic: Maps with Cities  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Tywyll

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Maps with Cities
« on: May 01, 2017, 10:37:06 AM »
Okay I have been looking at my old Shadow World books and modules and I am shocked at how hard it is for me to find maps of large land masses with city and town names.

What's up with that? Am I looking in the wrong places?  Where can I find a map with the cities of Jaiman and Emer on them?

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

Offline Belgerond

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Maps with Cities
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2017, 01:42:23 PM »
Okay I have been looking at my old Shadow World books and modules and I am shocked at how hard it is for me to find maps of large land masses with city and town names.

What's up with that? Am I looking in the wrong places?  Where can I find a map with the cities of Jaiman and Emer on them?

There is no many. I own allmost every printed Shadow World book. Norek and Eidolon (maby Haalkatine) are largest city descriptions with maps. But every campaing module have good descriptions about the area and villages/ or adventure areas.
22 Years of Rolemaster or MERP as GM.

Offline Tywyll

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 01:43:47 PM »
Sorry...I wasn't looking for a map of the cities, just a map with dots on it and names of the cities. All the maps I have are almost blank except national borders.

Offline Hurin

• Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 01:55:16 PM »
There's a nice coloured one of Jaiman, or at least the sections focusing on the Empire of Rhakhaan, which has major cities, minor cities, roads, and even regional/provincial names. That's the one I use for Jaiman. I think that is from the Haalkitaine book (not sure)? I have this one as a .pdf rather than a paper copy.

There is a lovely one for the Northern half of Emer, with major and minor cities, regional names, and some roads in blue. It also has some computer-generated postcards of scenes from Emer on the sides. Again, I only have this as a .pdf. I dont' know where I got this one.

I don't know if there is a similar one for Southern Emer. For Southern Emer, I use the larger map of all Emer entitled 'Emer: The Great Continent'. It has only the major cities and regional names. Again, I have this as a .pdf, so I'm not sure exactly where I got it from.
'Last of all, Húrin stood alone. Then he cast aside his shield, and wielded an axe two-handed'. --J.R.R. Tolkien

'Every party needs at least one insane person.'  --Aspen of the Jade Isle

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 02:23:29 PM »
Yes, the first is from Haalkitaine, the northern Emer one from Emer II. Emer I also has maps. All currently unavailable new. The large Emer map sounds like it's from the Emer box set, but I don't think that was ever available in PDF.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 03:53:34 PM »
You only get that with the regional maps. Such as the NW Emer map with Danarchis and Sel-Kai; there are numerous towns and cities, even some villages. The maps dealing with entire continents or the hemisphere do not have settlements except as nations and such.

Which area are you looking for in particular? I could point you to the right product (if there is one).
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.