Author Topic: Alchemy - slaying enchantment  (Read 1838 times)

Offline Jengada

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Alchemy - slaying enchantment
« on: October 15, 2017, 10:45:24 AM »
I was (am) making a magic item, a +10 magic scimitar of Slaying [priests of specific evil deity]. It's going to have intelligence and a Will stat, and in looking through my RM2 books I find there's little guidance on the level of enchantment for Slaying - much of it is conflicting or (to me) illogical. In the opening pages about magic and equipment, ChL suggests a flat "slaying" ability and cost formula. Spell Law doesn't include any spells to make a weapon Slaying. RCI has some suggestions for Slaying spells of various types (5.5 Special Weapons Characteristics, p. 57-58) but the relationship between level and what the spell slays is unclear - it sort of corresponds to creature level, but not entirely.

Have you made Slaying ability a spell, and if so, what level or levels did you use?

We ask the hard questions here, because they keep us too busy to worry about the hard questions in the real world, and we can go with the answers we like the best.

Offline yammahoper

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Nothing to see here, move along.
Re: Alchemy - slaying enchantment
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 02:37:01 PM »
rmss/frp TREASURE COMPANION has the info you seek.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

Offline brole

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 08:20:03 PM »
Alchemy Companion has "Evil Slayer" and "Holy Sword" as 25th level effects.

Sent from my E6883 using Tapatalk

e crits all round

Offline Prince Finnion

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 10:25:12 AM »
Alchemy Companion has "Evil Slayer" and "Holy Sword" as 25th level effects.

Sent from my E6883 using Tapatalk

Alchemy Companion is where you need to look for RMC/RM2 rules on making anything above your standard +10 High Magic Steel etc.  ChL has some rules that apply but AlC is more in depth.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 01:16:30 PM »
Elemental Companion has elemental ingredients and the different forge levels required to make certain items. Dragon horns make Dragon slaying weapons, etc. 

Is this something your PC wants to create in game or you as the GM want to give as treasure?
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!