Author Topic: Favorite/best NPCs (with constraints)  (Read 3324 times)

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Favorite/best NPCs (with constraints)
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2017, 05:33:51 PM »
Now that I think about it, we talked about how background options may alter a character build so here are some details about Lysbeth that may be of importance.

* 268 PPs (forgot about it since Urania wasn't a spellcaster ;)),
* Not being a human being any longer but having an internal alchemy closer to the one of a draconic lizard, Lysbeth takes hits as a M/II creature,
* Unusual strength (Ch&CL, p91, #86-90): Lysbeth is (now) unusually strong and has a +20 ST bonus (read Ch&CL for more details),
* Reverberative strength (AC p95, #37):  when striking a foe, Lysbeth delivers one additional unbalancing critical two ranks below to any critical dealt,
* Weapon style: all physical inflicted damage is x2.5,
* Initiative score: +190.

If Urania may be described as a main story final boss, Lysbeth may best be defined as a extra-quest final boss, meaning she'd probably curbstomp Urania in a prepared fight. She's a top tier (fighter) character, able to curbstomp most characters her level, including spellcasters, especially due to her VF initiative, allowing her to one-hit kill them before they would react and cast any spell.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Peter R

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +480/-480
    • Rolemaster Blog
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2017, 02:19:04 AM »
It is not that I am reluctant to post npcs, it is more that mine are rather incompatible. I don't use professions or levels. I have slimmed down the skills to only about 45 skills. Magical items in my world  are extremely rare and there is nothing like any of the items you have described. When I write up an npc it typically fits on a large post-it note.
Rolemasterblog http://www.rolemasterblog.com
Twitter https://twitter.com/RolemasterBlog
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/rolemasterblog/

Spectre771 A couple of weeks ago, I disemboweled one of my PCs with a...

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2017, 08:08:53 AM »
I have the feeling that, with all the existing options, most (N)PC builds from different GMs are incompatible. I mean, from the comments I got about Urania, mine may have too many HPs, a slighly high OB and abilities other GMs may not allow at all. Isn't it the reason these threads exist? To compare character builds and check what differs fromone GM to another?
I personally appreciate any comment other GMs have about my characters. It allows me to place myself on how much my (N)PCs differ from "standard" ones, especially from official modules (in which I've always felt NPCs were kinda… weak, compared to their levels. ;))
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.