Author Topic: HARP SF Beta Comments  (Read 1932 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
HARP SF Beta Comments
« on: March 10, 2007, 11:39:48 PM »
  Also thier is some more info on the guildcompanion website about HARP SF.

I did take a look at the beta last night during roleplaying and found it good. I read the first 72 pages and found a couple of errors and joted down some notes. I have not paid $ for the product so I can not post it on the HARP beta section. The things I found were minor such as needing bold type face on pg 60 for Agile Defence and pg 65 for Firearms, Energy Weapons [to match Bows ect] and pg 43 the info at the bottom of the chart was blured.
  But all in all I liked what I saw and do think it is worth the $. BTW I do not play HARP but the new group I joined does so I might switch from RMSS or we may find some hybrid works or we may just take the setting. Who knows.

MDC
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 07:39:47 PM by Rasyr, Reason: Renamed Thread »
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Scheduled HARP Releases
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 03:33:37 AM »
  Also thier is some more info on the guildcompanion website about HARP SF.

I did take a look at the beta last night during roleplaying and found it good. I read the first 72 pages and found a couple of errors and joted down some notes. I have not paid $ for the product so I can not post it on the HARP beta section. The things I found were minor such as needing bold type face on pg 60 for Agile Defence and pg 65 for Firearms, Energy Weapons [to match Bows ect] and pg 43 the info at the bottom of the chart was blured.
  But all in all I liked what I saw and do think it is worth the $. BTW I do not play HARP but the new group I joined does so I might switch from RMSS or we may find some hybrid works or we may just take the setting. Who knows.

MDC

Make sure that whoever did buy it has access to the forums so that they can receive updates (that will cure the layout issues etc., in due course ) - see http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=3518.0 for details. Tim has made Allen Maher's HARP SF Open Office spreadsheet available for beta users.

I'm glad that you have liked what you've read so far.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Scheduled HARP Releases
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 06:34:12 PM »
Nicholas,
  Yes I did like what I saw and here are the other things I noticed.

Pg 28, Table 4.1 chart needs to be changed so the line covers 3 columns instead of 2.
Pg 34, you may want to give page # where you can find Genetic talents instead of just Chp. 7. But IMO this is no biggie.
Pg 43, Bottom of the chart info is very blurry and I could not read it in standard zoom.
Pg 59, IMO it would be nice if the cost of the talent was under the title instead of at the end.
Pg 60, Agile Defense needs to be bold.
Pg 65, Firearms and Energy Weapons need to be bold like Bows.
Pg 72, need to fix encumbrance chart.

I also noticed the problem with the formula where it was cut off but I did not write down the page # where it was.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Xamex

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Clubbulls
Re: HARP SF Beta Comments
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 01:57:47 PM »
Sorry...no comments so far from me...haven't found much time to read. :confused:

Next week I will talk with my roleplaying group about testing HARP SF.

After I read some chapters I will share my thoughts.  :book3:
www.clubbulls.com