Author Topic: Various minor typos, format errors, etc.  (Read 8797 times)

Offline chk

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Gang Rolemaster
Various minor typos, format errors, etc.
« on: March 17, 2007, 11:23:15 AM »
I decided to start a topic for this instead of trying to spread them out all over. I'm not sure if you want us to collect them all up into a large note, or document them as we find them? Let us know.

In the meantime:

P.145: Flame Repeater doesn't line up with the rest of Table 11.6 (Ranged Weapon Ranges). For that matter, the "Ranged" part in the title is probably redundant  :-)

On both P. 157 and 158: Holdout Gun appears in the Range Modifiers table, but not the base Weapon table. It is listed on Page 83 with the required info, of course.

On page 157: the Fumble ranges are "3-Jan" instead of "01-03".

Page 162: is it worth copying the Frag. Grenade sizes from the "Futuristic Weapons" table on page 83 to the "Shrapnel Weapons" table on this page? Again, "Grenade" is listed in the Range Modifiers section. It might look silly to have "Mark I" through "Mark V" listed on this table, so I don't have a strong opinion either way. On the other hand, they are listed that way under the Vehicle criticals.

I assume you know this, but some Critical tables have lines while some don't, the line sizes are different, and the fonts are different starting at "Shrapnel".

Ok, it's lunchtime... :)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Various minor typos, format errors, etc.
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 11:43:33 AM »
If minor typos, format errors, etc., can be kept together in this thread that will be great.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2007, 04:49:41 PM »
p137: "Search 10' area" should become "Search 1 sqm area"

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2007, 06:02:13 PM »
p107: Drunkards rule: last sentence incomplete

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 04:57:40 PM »
p130: lower left corner: CRR(50): behaves as CRR(50) -> it should read as CRR(75)

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 04:57:53 PM »
p197: Extreme Cold Tolerance Lesser and Greater have the same minimum temperature
p202: table on left hand side is not properly formatted
p202: table on right hand side for biological critical mapping: I would turn it around, i.e. robotic criticals on the right side and biological on the left.

Offline wachinayn

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Anime Rakuen
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 07:42:12 AM »
Some talents titles in the Talents chapter (starting at page 60) seems to have differents font sizes.

Xenoarcheologist tabulation error. Page 71.

Encumbrance table tabulation errors. Page 72.

Offline Acid_Crash

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 08:39:24 AM »
The table on pg 232 for awarding experience points in Beta 0.1.1 is not aligned properly.  Makes it hard to figure what headings are over what column, and the columns aren't aligned all that well.

Offline chk

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Gang Rolemaster
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2007, 01:05:23 PM »
Page 28, Table 4.1 - the lines separating the table columns are in the wrong place. The table actually has two sets of three columns (Stat, Bonus, DPs), but the lines are drawn as though the table has three sets of two columns...

Offline chk

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • Gang Rolemaster
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2007, 06:36:01 PM »
typos etc. from our short session today:

1) We thought it might be good to number the section headings; it's hard to figure out where each section starts and ends otherwise.

2) p.43: Table 6.2 - there is a strange, unreadable font at bottom of table.

3) p.56: Weapon Skills: An example of weapon groups and weapon classes would be very useful; the text as written is somewhat awkward, and we had a hard time puzzling through it. (I realize it's the same text as HARP; it's still confusing).

4) p.67: Fate points: it wasn't entirely clear to one of my players that Fate Points are *used up* to get the effect; they seemed to think that it was more like a skill rank from the text. Perhaps a sentence to clarify?

5) p.92: STL Travel: distance from sun to *earth* is called an AU. Text has Sun to Moon, which doesn't really make sense :)

6) p.95: Land Vehicles: It's not entirely clear that GEM vehicles are land *and* sea; it's only really mentioned in the intro paragraph?

7) p.106: There is a reference to "GM" instead of "SysOp"

8) p.109: resolution methods - 4th sentence "defender makes am open-ended", should be "defender makes an open-ended"

9) p.114: During the discussion of diseases and poisons, there is a reference to "poisons and poisons" :)

10) p.139: There's an inconsistent use of dashes vs. colons between the names and descriptions of each item.

11) p.140: "armor skill refresher" entire section should be in italics to be consistent with other examples in the text.

12) p.141: Table 11.2 has asterisks but no footnotes? should probably copy them from the other armor table to be consistent.

13) p.145: hunting laser example is inconsistent with chart for "Point Blank" bonus; +10 vs. +20.

14) p.145: Table 11.5 could have a "minium distance" column also for clarity?

15) p.147: Fumble Table - "Use the condensed Fumble Table on teh facing page" looks like it is supposed to be mainline text, not part of the table.

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 04:09:56 AM »
p171: vehicle weapon sizes are given in Tiny to Huge, but in the table on p167 there are only Mark numbers -> include also attacksizes on p167?

« Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 04:24:49 AM by Mungo »

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2007, 06:20:21 AM »
Starting language: S6/W6, in HARP it is S6/W5 -> on purpose?

Vehicle Combat: in "attacking individuals" it is stated that MR and Piloting Bonus is not applied when vehicle is not moving. It is obvious, but not stated anywhere else -> state it also in the other descriptions?

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 07:51:06 AM »
Dark Vision: description is as in HARP core book, but as far as I remember there was a change in a later publication (incl. things like no colour vision and so on) -> take the description from the core book or the updated one?

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 07:53:58 AM »
Dense Musculature: example is in metric units and not consistent with the height and weight table.

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 02:57:12 PM »
Starting language: S6/W6, in HARP it is S6/W5 -> on purpose?

Yes. Modern and sf cultures are better educated than our fantasy brethren. If it weren't for the  skill rank limit, I would have given more ranks.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 04:57:27 PM »
Dense Musculature: example is NOT in metric units...

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 04:18:09 AM »
Flight: the description of HARP is taken (i.e. pace multipliers only short period of time). In a later HARP publication there is a rule on that: Flight can be continuously for a maximum number of hours equal to the Constitution Bonus without rest. Flight speed may be increased using pace multipliers, just as with the BMR, however doing reduces their maximum flight time by the same multiplier. When flying, Encumbrance Penalties are doubled. -> take the more sophisticated ruling for HARP SF?

Mental Resolve: cost is doubled vs. HARP -> on purpose?

Natural Linguist: for writing and speaking a maneuver is required -> an all-or-nothign maneuver or percentage?

Subconscious Discipline: is this applicable to all Psi Disciplines or do I have to choose one (and take the talent multiple times, each time for a different talent)?

BR
Juergen

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2007, 08:55:29 AM »
Flight: the description of HARP is taken (i.e. pace multipliers only short period of time). In a later HARP publication there is a rule on that: Flight can be continuously for a maximum number of hours equal to the Constitution Bonus without rest. Flight speed may be increased using pace multipliers, just as with the BMR, however doing reduces their maximum flight time by the same multiplier. When flying, Encumbrance Penalties are doubled. -> take the more sophisticated ruling for HARP SF?

I shall peruse the Cyradon ruling to see if there are any assumptions that do not hold in sf.

Mental Resolve: cost is doubled vs. HARP -> on purpose?

? CoM says 20, HARP SF says 20.

Natural Linguist: for writing and speaking a maneuver is required -> an all-or-nothign maneuver or percentage?

Whichever is most appropriate to the circumstances.

Subconscious Discipline: is this applicable to all Psi Disciplines or do I have to choose one (and take the talent multiple times, each time for a different talent)?

Applicable to all.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2007, 02:30:32 AM »

Hi,

My version of CoM says cost 10 (p.45 and p. 46).

BR
Juergen

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2007, 03:21:52 AM »

Hi,

My version of CoM says cost 10 (p.45 and p. 46).

BR
Juergen

PDF or print? and if print, any indication as to which printing?

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell