Author Topic: SysOp's Guidelines - Feedback  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
SysOp's Guidelines - Feedback
« on: March 21, 2007, 06:55:38 AM »
Hi,

Here my comments regarding the System Operator's Guidelines:

- I like the tips at the beginning.
- I would put everything from the Adventuring chapter that does not fit somewhere else (Combat) in here.
- I would move the language and knowledge tables into the skills chapter
- I suggest to remove the section on difficulty of goals. I would simply give a range per goal type and say that the actual value depends on .... Not more.
- I was waiting for the "Conflict in Tintamar" part for the whole book. It seems to be very late or the distance to the Tintamar chapter is too great. Actually I would move the Tintamar chapter backwards.
- The adventure hooks are good, but in my opinion not enough. I suggest to spend more space on this and generate adventure plots like Defendi did in the last SM Datanets.
- I am actually missing a ship that the players can use as their own. The ones in the vehicles chapter do not seem suitable to me (with the exception of the Scout, but I think this already requires more crew than the average party has members).

BR
Juergen

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: SysOp's Guidelines - Feedback
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 03:07:35 PM »
- I would put everything from the Adventuring chapter that does not fit somewhere else (Combat) in here.
- I would move the language and knowledge tables into the skills chapter

I could see the value of moving the language and knowledge tables into the skills or the adventuring chapters. However, I'm unconvinced by the idea of moving Adventuring chapter into a chapter specifically aimed at SysOps. I can easily imagine players having the need to look up information in the adventuring chapter, but i would not want to encourage them into a SysOp chapter, particularly if there were full-blown plots in there.

- I suggest to remove the section on difficulty of goals. I would simply give a range per goal type and say that the actual value depends on .... Not more.

Actual play and feedback on these forums suggests that GMs in HARP Fantasy need this information to handle this aspect of the game.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme