Author Topic: Equipment Comments  (Read 1667 times)

Offline lazarus

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Equipment Comments
« on: March 31, 2007, 01:27:57 AM »
I've got a couple comments with regard to the equipment tables and stuff.

First off, thank you so much for making armour that's reasonable to wear (I don't like the HARP Fantasy balance between DB and Ag/Qu penalty, but SF looks awesome), and there's a reason to get or wear any of them all (that is, there's not one clearly superior armour form).

Now, a request: could the tables in the Equipment chapter have all pertinent information for all the equipment (i.e. DB bonuses, MPs for armour/shields, range increments etc for weapons)?  Is that practical?  I know the divide is the way that HARP Fantasy does it, but I never liked having to look at one table to know the cost, and another to find out what it does - worse for the ranged weapons here, as on one table there's most of the pertinent information (crit type, etc), and on another there's range bands.  I would very much like to have all the information on one table.  I also like having the various smaller tables in the Combat chapter, as it's relevant for the rules, but for copying info for character sheets, it's easier from one line in one table.  Of course, I understand layout issues with large tables (such as the Ranged Weapons table) may make that impractical to fit in, and if that's the case, oh well.

Laz

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Equipment Comments
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 06:12:56 AM »
What's possible with regards to table layout depends on what Tim can achieve when he performs his layout passes.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme