Author Topic: Any reports from playtests?  (Read 11867 times)

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Any reports from playtests?
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2007, 11:59:50 PM »
Hi,

Issues in the last session:

- A character wanted to forge some military papers (real paper). We did not find the right skill. Is a skill missing?

- Also for scanners I would like to see a distance table with range dependant bonuses and penalties, as the characters are making intensive use of hand-held scanners.

BR
Juergen

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2007, 02:52:48 PM »
Hi,

Issues in the last session:

- A character wanted to forge some military papers (real paper). We did not find the right skill. Is a skill missing?

Crafts: Calligraphy. Or something like that. To forge a physical object, use the same skills that would be used to make the object but impose a hefty penalty for making it a "perfect" copy. That's why I'm not instantly saying we've got to have a Counterfeiting skill.

- Also for scanners I would like to see a distance table with range dependant bonuses and penalties, as the characters are making intensive use of hand-held scanners.

That's probably sensible. I've been busy with real-world deadlines for the past couple of weeks so have only been able to get some thinking in on vehicles. I'll revisit scanners in due course.

best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2007, 02:58:08 AM »
Hi,

I know its late (and will not change anything in the manuscript), but after many months we had yesterday again a HARP SF session.

It was the first time we had some space action.

Remarks:
- 2 space ships wanted to dock -> a rule would have been nice
- In the sensor tables there is nothing stated on the difficulty of predicting another spaceship's course
- There is a support maneuver missing: Taunting Enemy

(Concerning the last one: one character didn't know what to do, so he said he wants to demoralize the enemy ships with Public Speaking. He several times fumbled so badly that they received hefty bonuses and the other players frantically tried to shut off the communication system. It was hilarious.)

BR
Juergen

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2007, 09:45:44 AM »
Hi,

I know its late (and will not change anything in the manuscript), but after many months we had yesterday again a HARP SF session.

It was the first time we had some space action.

Remarks:
- 2 space ships wanted to dock -> a rule would have been nice

It is a vehicle maneuver using the docking penalties in the big list of vehicle maneuver modifiers, and use +0 as the default if none of the conditions apply.

- In the sensor tables there is nothing stated on the difficulty of predicting another spaceship's course

Use 141 as that's the same for analysing drives.

- There is a support maneuver missing: Taunting Enemy

(Concerning the last one: one character didn't know what to do, so he said he wants to demoralize the enemy ships with Public Speaking. He several times fumbled so badly that they received hefty bonuses and the other players frantically tried to shut off the communication system. It was hilarious.)

We don't really have anything like that in any set of HARP or even RM rules. Possibly best left to GM's discretion.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme