Author Topic: Psi Soldier in HARP  (Read 1999 times)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Psi Soldier in HARP
« on: May 01, 2007, 06:13:29 PM »
 Do you have an oponion on where the vehicle rank should go for the PSI Soldier when playing in a fantasy setting? The Psi Soldier is from the April 2007 Guild Companion article.

Thanks
  MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Psi Soldier in HARP
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 03:20:06 AM »
Do you have an oponion on where the vehicle rank should go for the PSI Soldier when playing in a fantasy setting? The Psi Soldier is from the April 2007 Guild Companion article.

Thanks
  MDC

The Psi Soldier has been replaced (in the latest checkpoint) by the Fusion:Soldier (and the other variants).

Fusion

The Fusion combines the paranormal training of an Adept with the skills set of another speciality, such as Entertainer, Merchant, Pilot, Researcher, Scout, Soldier, Spy or Tech. The hybrid education is extremely demanding and few have the innate ability necessary to bridge two areas of expertise. The Fusion is a set of eight variant professions rather than a single profession.

Favored Categories:

See The Fusion Table (see below for Soldier variant)

Key Stats: Presence, Self Discipline, and one or more other stats as specified in the Fusion Table (for Soldier variant: use Agility, Constitution, Quickness, and Strength)

Professional Abilities: At 1st level, all Fusions gain one Latent Psionic Field Talent. (The SysOp determines which Fields are available in the setting.)

Beginning at first level, and then every fifth level thereafter (5th, 10th, etc), Fusions gain a +5 bonus to any one skill of their choice from the categories specified in the Fusion Table. No skill can have more than a +30 bonus from this ability. (for Soldier, Combat and Concentration)

Favored Categories for Fusion: Soldier
Athletic: 2
Combat: 4
Concentration: 4
General: 6
Physical: 4

I don't know where Tim is with regard to the next beta update but the entire set of Fusion variants should be in it.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 01:43:56 PM »
Thanks,
  The new group I joined is starting a HARP campain with using Psi skills from HARP SF.

MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.

Offline Cloven-Fruit-Games

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 09:57:24 PM »
Couldn't the psi-solider be made by useing the warrior mage template?

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2007, 12:20:02 AM »
Couldn't the psi-solider be made by useing the warrior mage template?

I do not know HARP that well so I thought I would ask. I know the GM said he was going to introduce PSI stuff from HARP SF into the mix next since we are starting a new campain.
 Right now I am in the character seciding mode and asking myself what I want to play and what will work in his system. I might play a PSI-XXX so he can see how it will mix with his house rules or I might play a Warrior Mage.

Thanks
 MDC
Role Play not Roll Play.