Author Topic: Edit: General weapons questions  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Lord Damian

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Edit: General weapons questions
« on: May 22, 2007, 04:01:58 PM »
Just curious about this, but could the electrorifle be used as a "machine stunner" as well? since it relies on EM, it would seem logical that it would disrupt electronics as well, without a technobabble advancement of some sort.

Also, are rail/gauss guns going to be done at all?  Not sure how i'd differentiate em really, other than the possability of absurd burst rates, rediculous range (debatable, depends on your flavor of technobabble) and the possability of armor pennetration/negation....

LOrd Damian
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 04:52:45 AM by Lord Damian, Reason: came up with another semi related question that didn\'t deserve it\'s own thread. »

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Edit: General weapons questions
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 01:01:43 PM »
The electrostunner and the electrorifle can be used against robots. I am considering removing the immunity of cyberware to their effects on the grounds that cyberware has gained more options making it that much more useful and that the immunity is difficult to justify.

I'm trying to avoid hosts of new weapons - we've had quite a few added already.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme