Author Topic: Suggestions for HARP SF supplements  (Read 5481 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Suggestions for HARP SF supplements
« on: May 05, 2008, 11:31:59 AM »
A Martial Law equivalent, most specifically more varied location-specific critical tables for all the new weapon types. Possibly have different critical tables for different types of ammunition, e.g. Armor Piercing, Hollow Point, High Explosive Armor Piercing, etc. rather than simple bonuses and penalties. Likewise location-specific tables for robots and vehicles.

No, I'm not writing it. Head still hurts from the handful of critical tables that I did write....

best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Suggestions for HARP SF supplements
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2008, 05:50:17 PM »
1) Space Vehicle Suppliment
2) Ground V supp
Note: maybe a product like SM2's Armored Assault an Starstrike

3) Setting background book or books; advanced racial makup info, campaign plots, (political, social, economic, racial, trading, crime, etc) factions, more indepth world info, trading routs etc. [I have not had a chance to go back and read the HARP SCI update yet so sorry if these things are covered.]

4) Equipment guide or modern tech guide on what is possible given the tech levels in universe and what is not. Maybe a few ideas on what not to do because of future suppliment products.

MDC

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Mungo

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2008, 11:59:44 PM »
HB11 introduced new attack tables that I think might be the best compromise between RM and HARP so far. So those for SHARP.

BR
Juergen

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 02:26:29 PM »
a HB#11 combat system for HARP sci-fi would be nice, I second that, also a Hack&Slash type would be nice to see.

Other than that I would think markc has some good ideas. I?ll try to think of some more :)
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline Acid_Crash

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 11:18:40 PM »
A fully detailed campaign setting would be nice  :)

Offline luse

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 11:51:19 AM »

I agree with Acid_Crash, a complete campaign setting would be very nice and also a SysOp?s Guide to help us create new alien races, creatures, worlds, equipments, cyberwares, psionic powers, ....

Keep the good work  ;)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2008, 01:36:27 PM »

I agree with Acid_Crash, a complete campaign setting would be very nice and also a SysOp?s Guide to help us create new alien races, creatures, worlds, equipments, cyberwares, psionic powers, ....

Keep the good work  ;)

As an aside, there will be a SysOp's Guide that covers the above topics. I am not, however, committing to any more books - I have three books (Something Wicked + SysOp's Guide for ICE, and Construct Toolkit for TGC/GCP) in my todo queue already which is an ongoing Writing critical. 

Other things in this thread will need their own authors!

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2008, 03:17:38 PM »
I definitely suggest a Hack and Slash style combat system. H&S is what my group prefers, so that one is pretty easy for me.

I also suggest that Nicholas writes a book called "101 reasons that I don't want to write any more critical charts... an autobiography".
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

Offline Defendi

• Final Redoubt
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Final Redoubt Press
    • Final Redoubt Press
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2008, 05:47:09 PM »
Dude.  I'll collaborate with him.  I've got over 30 to my name now (something like 28 for the first draft of SM alone).  There was a month of my life where I did nothing but write criticals and bleed from the eyes. :)
The Echoes of Heaven:  Available for HARP and Rolemaster.  www.FinalRedoubt.com

Offline Thos

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2008, 11:31:02 PM »
Dude.  I'll collaborate with him.  I've got over 30 to my name now (something like 28 for the first draft of SM alone).  There was a month of my life where I did nothing but write criticals and bleed from the eyes. :)

Perhaps ICE shouldbe investigated for cruelty to freelancers...  :D
My wizards are many, but their essence is mine. Forever they are in the hills in their stone homes of grief. Because I am the spirit of their existence. I am them.

Offline Cowboy

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2009, 02:08:02 PM »
A setting book based on each of the old Spacemaster settings (SPAM2 and Privateers) and Cyberspace.

10.000.000 Ways to Die without notes for games other than HARP/SHARP but with attack tables for magic, psionic powers and grenades.

The actual core book in hardcopy. ;)

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2009, 02:22:31 PM »
 I believe that the old SM setting is owned by another company or group as rerealising this has come up in the past. I do not knwo about the others but I am sure that the PtB are listening.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline dutch206

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 09:04:24 AM »
As an aside, there will be a SysOp's Guide that covers the above topics. I am not, however, committing to any more books - I have three books (Something Wicked + SysOp's Guide for ICE, and Construct Toolkit for TGC/GCP) in my todo queue already which is an ongoing Writing critical. 

Hmmm...I'd actually consider this to be a failed Cascading Resistance Roll.  ;D
"Cthulhu is the bacon of gaming." -John Kovalic, author of "Dork Tower"