Author Topic: HARP SCIFI  (Read 6990 times)

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
HARP SCIFI
« on: March 17, 2009, 12:00:03 PM »
Noticed that it?s the Gamma PDF in the online store. When will the real version be ready for purchase??

Also, what is the page count on the Tintamar setting in the book?
"I'd Rather Be a Rising Ape Than a Fallen Angel"

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: HARP SCIFI
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 02:07:15 PM »
Gamma is final version minus art work -- when ICE gets the final art, it will move from Gamma to normal. Anybody who has purchased the Gamma PDF will be able to go back to their order and re-download the final version of the PDF (it will have the same file name as the gamma, so no hassles, just redownload).

Page count of setting versus system? Cannot answer that as I never bothered to count (and sorry, but I am not going to count either)  ;D

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 02:15:05 PM »
The Tintamar chapter is 23 pages. Then there's occasional subsections in other chapters relating rules to what the state of play is in the Tintamar universe. The book is 252 pages. So approximately 10% is setting.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline johnkzin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 05:11:52 PM »

Ok, but how long before that final art is ready?

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 05:36:26 PM »
Sweet, thank you :)

Are there plans for more published on the setting?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 06:04:50 PM »
Ok, but how long before that final art is ready?

Sorry, but I have no idea on that one.

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 04:03:14 AM »
Sweet, thank you :)

Are there plans for more published on the setting?

There's more subsections in the HARP SF Xtreme book which relate the rules to the Tintamar universe. Once the rules are finally in print, then there are plans to ensure continued support of the Tintamar setting, from simple things like publishing Tintamar scenarios in The Guild Adventurer to much more involved support.

Best wishes,
Nicholas

Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Min Min

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2009, 10:17:47 PM »
So how far away is the HARP SF Xtreme book?

Offline Rasyr-Mjolnir

• Inactive
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 08:23:40 AM »
It is mostly done (also except for art), and Sherry just recently received a list of corrections/fixes that need to be made. However, it is not the top item on her list of things to do, so it may take a couple of weeks to get to the point where we can release it as a Gamma.

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2009, 01:40:24 PM »
Will the HARP SF Xtreme book include cybernetics?

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 02:15:05 PM »
Will the HARP SF Xtreme book include cybernetics?

SF Xtreme is vehicles, vehicle combat, cyberware (which is cybernetics) and cybertech (which is robots, AIs, and personality downloads aka virtual characters).

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Nejira

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2009, 03:16:23 PM »
Nice, will eagerly be awaiting its arrival then :)

Offline mibsweden

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2009, 04:07:42 AM »
I am very interested in HARP SF Xtreme, but I will not buy anything until it is complete with artwork and all.
GM'ing RM since 1984

Offline Johan Wärlander

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 09:29:05 AM »
So.. how about just releasing a beta of HARP SF Xtreme, as-is if need be? I promise that I'll deal with any quality issues until a Gamma or Final release is out.. much better, in fact, than having to deal with all of that stuff missing completely :)

It really narrows down the scope of sci-fi adventuring currently, unless I come up with replacement rules of my own meanwhile, and I prefer not to put my players through that as I'll want to go with Xtreme rules once it's out anyway.

-- The ever so impatient would-be sci-fi GM!

Offline johnkzin

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 08:38:35 AM »

I agree.  The delays are starting to be a major pain in the butt.  Get us the rules in some form so that we can run a game with them.  Worry about the polish later.  Right now, make yourselves some money, and empower us to have a fully fleshed out game without having to re-write our game later due to improvised rules we had to make up while waiting for the supplement.

Offline Karizma

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2009, 11:19:30 AM »
This summer I'm going to grab myself the HARP SciFi PDF/Gamma and take a good look at it.  I would sooner but I have about seven papers to write for class.  I feel like I should have majored in Math.

One thing my group has been murmuring about is a Mass Effect game.  Playing HARP, I'm confident that such a translation is easily doable.  But I suppose I'll see in less than a month!

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2009, 09:59:39 AM »
Leafing through the GenCon copy of HARP SF I was wondering whether there will be a hardcover and maybe even a dark blue cloth cover version of the game available as soon as it is released or will it only be published out as a softcover first?
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2009, 12:56:34 PM »
Until the art arrives, there won't be any print versions of HARP SciFi. A print version should not have been released at GenCon. It has done the game no favours.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline munchy

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • The Munch Companion
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2009, 01:03:27 PM »
Sad to hear that. I really enjoyed getting this print edition and cannot wait to get my fingers on a hardcover or even clothbound version of it.
Hope the artwork arrives anytime soon, April's Guild Companion did not sound too good concerning that factor. BTW, isn't there a new one due?  ;)
Get Real, Get Rolemaster!
Be Sharp, Play HARP!

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2009, 01:20:25 PM »
Sad to hear that. I really enjoyed getting this print edition and cannot wait to get my fingers on a hardcover or even clothbound version of it.

Unfortunately it was not explained properly to the people at GenCon that it was simply a beta (or possibly a delta) in print format, so there's been upset customers. (I was made aware of a thread on RPG.NET where someone had a rant about HARP SciFi.)

Hope the artwork arrives anytime soon, April's Guild Companion did not sound too good concerning that factor. BTW, isn't there a new one due?  ;)

The HARP SF artwork is not under my control, unfortunately.

The May issue of TGC went to Rob on Friday, so I've sent him a gentle reminder. He's been getting overwhelmed in the real world recently.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell