Author Topic: HARP SF Xtreme  (Read 6594 times)

Offline Marc R

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
Re: HARP SF Xtreme
« Reply #40 on: January 12, 2011, 09:08:09 PM »
Heh. . rephrase to:

I don't think you need to worry about "You won't see it until 2017".
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline John Duffield

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Life often teaches what we don't want to learn
    • Ennyn
« Reply #41 on: January 12, 2011, 10:16:26 PM »
To quote from the January 2011 GC (bolding is mine)

Our immediate priority for HARP is to release HARP SF and follow this with HARP SF Xtreme as quickly as we can. I am very pleased to announce that HARP SF is already with Aurigas for licensor approval. We will be starting a Heisenberg Uncertainty Countdown on HARP SF Xtreme very shortly.

and from December 2010

In HARP SF Xtreme, Joel Lovell has finished the back cover for this product, completing all its needed illustrations. While we have been checking HARP SF, Craig took the opportunity to grab the entire text and the tables of HARP SF Xtreme and get them into a draft InDesign layout.

So there is a lot of certainty that both products are well in hand and well on their way to arriving.

Please take heart from that - I too am looking forward to seeing these products  ;D
My website : Ennyn

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2011, 04:08:51 AM »
Well evidently this is never coming out and I have just about lost all hope of getting my gamma PDF update finalized, now with ICE's downfall.  This sucks!

HARP SF Xtreme will be coming out. HARP SF has been approved by Aurigas and I'll be spending the next few evenings uploading it and sending out coupons so that beta and gamma purchasers can get their final PDF versions. Please ensure that you have an account with OneBookShelf (i.e. any of www.rpgnow.com, www.drivethrurpg.com, www.RapideJDR.fr, etc. outlets will do)

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline John Duffield

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Life often teaches what we don't want to learn
    • Ennyn
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2011, 04:10:00 AM »
Happy dance  ;D
My website : Ennyn

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2011, 07:25:08 AM »
My understanding is that HARP SF Xtreme is going into "Heisenberg Uncertainty Mode" very soon. While I have no official connection to ICE or HARP in any form, I'll be surprised if it's not out this year.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline ReaperWolf

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2011, 07:40:40 PM »
Heya,

I'm coming into this a little late. I've scrounged around a bit but I haven't been able to find the difference between HARP SF and HARP SF Xtreme. Is this a sort of basic vs. advanced comparison? Could somebody enlighten me?

Also, when might I expect my FLGS to get a dead-tree copy of HARP SF? I'm willing to take a leap of faith by purchasing HARP SF but if a dead-tree version is likely to show up soonish I'll probably hold out for it, unless there's some kind of .pdf bundle option offered as discussed elsewhere.

Somebody wanna take a stab at convincing me to take my little leap from the lion's mouth?

>>ReaperWolf

Offline Thom @ ICE

• Aurigas Staff
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Thom@ironcrown.com
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2011, 08:10:09 PM »
Nicholas will need to comment on the pdf/pod bundle and the timing for the POD.

Your FLGS will not be receiving HARP SF in the near future as we have a lot to work out in that regard. We have a strategy, but we need to work out the details.

SF Xtreme will include vehicles of all sorts (land, sea, air, and space) including the critical tables and combat rules to support them.  It will also include some new character options - cyberware, robot characters and virtual/AI characters and even more critical charts....
Email -    Thom@ironcrown.com

Offline ReaperWolf

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: January 17, 2011, 09:02:50 PM »
SF Xtreme will include vehicles of all sorts (land, sea, air, and space) including the critical tables and combat rules to support them.  It will also include some new character options - cyberware, robot characters and virtual/AI characters and even more critical charts....

Ok, is it a supplement for HARP SF or is it essentially a beefed up HARP SF with a bunch of additional material?

Thanks for your time,

>>ReaperWolf

Offline Marc R

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • "Don't throw stones, offer alternatives."
    • Looking for Online Roleplay? Try RealRoleplaying
« Reply #48 on: January 17, 2011, 09:04:06 PM »
Extreme is more materials to add to the first book.
The Artist Formerly Known As LordMiller

Looking for online Role Play? Try WWW.RealRoleplaying.Com

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2011, 03:07:35 AM »
 I do not know but I would guess that a lot of things needed more detail or expanded detail that fans wanted/needed and that material made it into the 2nd book. Sort of like it is hard to put all of RMC into 1 book 4 books yes but not 1.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2011, 07:59:05 AM »
I do not know but I would guess...
While we're guessing... considering that the impression I have (and I think the impression in general) is that HARP SF Xtreme focuses on

Vehicles
Cyberware
AIs

if you think about it you'll realize that the first two of those at least are subject to quite a bit of variation according to the GM's setting. Following the tech progression presented in HARP SF of Prototype/Early/Mature/Advanced/Obsolescent, I would think that vehicles in particular would be an extremely long list if it included all the different types for all the different stages of technology, whereas a human Dilettante (for example) is going to pretty much be the same human Dilettante in all settings. Given that, I can see the sense in having a separate book that details how to make the available machinery fit with the choices you as GM made when building your "world", along with a short "Field Guide" to the more commonly chosen vehicle types, and rules for designing all the machinery the game designers didn't foresee.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2011, 08:05:31 AM »
 I agree that often just Vehicles in there own right require a whole book on their own. And often AI's and cyber ware do also.

I just need the $$$ to buy the book when it comes out.

MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2011, 05:02:39 PM »
Any chance of a HARPers Bazaar PDF thing for HARP SF ?
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline Akai

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Fascinating!
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2011, 05:54:40 AM »
SF Xtreme? Sounds very '90's. In spite of this, I am interested in seeing it.
Conquistador there is no time, I must pay my respect
and though I came to jeer at you, I leave now with regret
and as the gloom begins to fall, I see there is no, only all
and though you came with sword held high, you did not conquer, only die
"Conquistador" --Procol Harum