Author Topic: Mass Effect gone harp sci-fi  (Read 1580 times)

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • For the future I only hope...
    • Jegergryte's cubic box of stuff
Mass Effect gone harp sci-fi
« on: October 26, 2009, 09:17:11 AM »
As the thread title implies, I am yet again playing Mass Effect, and I still find it to be very very good.

I was thinking of perhaps starting a harp sci-fi game, but I need to decide on setting, the tintamar setting which is the basis for harp sci-fi seem fun and all that, but there is something about Mass Effect that tickle my gm pickle so to speak.

I wondered if anyone here has had the same idea.

As I see it, it shouldn’t be too hard to make do, but has anyone played around with the idea more than "ooh, that seems cool" ? Perhaps made some stats or stuff like that?
"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
Inspirational images for my games
My box of stuff

Offline Karizma

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Mass Effect gone harp sci-fi
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 03:10:17 PM »
Oh man, I've been SO pumped for Mass Effect 2.  I've been thinking of doing a Mass Effect setting for HARP SciFi, but I haven't gotten HARPSF yet.

When I do, I will definitely bounce ideas here.

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 05:23:40 PM »
ME2 is gonna be ace, if its anything like the first one that is.

You should get your hands on the pdf at least, HARPSF is promising and covers, in the core book, most aspects one needs to play.
I only think it needs a H&S or Condensed (HB#11 i think) type combat system too.

"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
My box of stuff

Offline GMLovlie

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 05:05:56 PM »
Well if anyone is interested in making their own Mass Effect setting for harpsf, I found this site: http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Mass_Effect_Wiki

I guess its not that new to others, but it is to me. Anyhow, I found it useful. Thought I’d post it here.  :-*

Homebrew folder
Ongoing campaign
My box of stuff

Offline ezrk

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 10:07:10 AM »
Hey,

I had the same idea. I'm still playing the second episode for the moment.
After that I'll work for a french mass effect campaign.

We will be able to work together and share some feedback about rules, character and weapons if you're OK.