Author Topic: Guild Companion March 2014 (Issue 181)  (Read 2083 times)

Offline Kristen Mork

• OIC Points +70/-70
Guild Companion March 2014 (Issue 181)
« on: March 04, 2014, 02:43:09 PM »
Greetings from the Guild Companion; Issue 181 is available at www.guildcompanion.com.

This month we present the ninth (and final) installment of “Forgotten Realms Deities.” You will also find a stand-alone lair, “The Su Barrow” and a whimsical bird, the “Trenic Dovehawk.”

Peter Mork
Guild Companion Editor

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: Guild Companion March 2014 (Issue 181)
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 03:08:42 PM »
I like the format of the Su Barrow article. That kind of mini encounter seems like it would be easy to use in many campaigns. I would have liked an initial paragraph about the behavior of the Su -- I'm not familiar with them, had to look them up. And the map could use a better key (I assume colors are elevation but I don't know how much, and I can guess where the numbers go, but better to just put them on the map).
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline GrumpyOldFart

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Hey you kids! Get out of my dungeon!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2014, 06:46:10 AM »
The dovehawk is interesting. However, 20cm is... about 7-8 inches? And it's known to hunt pigeons and doves? If so, it's quite a bit more courageous than most raptors, to take on things so nearly its own size.

Also, a proofreading note: In the 2nd paragraph of the "Problems with dovehawks" section, "broaches" should be spelled "brooches." "Broaches" is when an aquatic animal breaks the surface of the water.
You put your left foot in, you put your left foot out... Traditional Somatic Components
Oo Ee Oo Aa Aa, Ting Tang Walla Walla Bing Bang... Traditional Verbal Components
Eye of Newt and Toe of Frog, Wool of Bat and Tongue of Dog... Traditional Potion Formula

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2014, 07:41:24 AM »
Glad I did not have that job of editing, that is a tough word. ;D
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline rdanhenry

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • This sentence is false.
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 03:05:41 PM »
Most doves and certainly all the urban pigeons I've seen would be larger than a dovehawk. The dovehawk is finch-sized. Heck, the largest hummingbird species is a bit bigger.
Rolemaster: When you absolutely, positively need to have a chance of tripping over an imaginary dead turtle.