Author Topic: ERA for Rolemaster - Where to now?  (Read 5844 times)

Offline Moostik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Rolemaster GM since 1993.
Re: ERA for Rolemaster - Where to now?
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2015, 12:12:33 PM »
Hi,

I haven't tried ERA for RMFRP yet. I'm concidering giving it a try, but I'd like to know if I would be able to add profesions from the companion books, and my own weapon tables. And, are the Armory and other tables included in the Arms Law set, like they are in Combat Minion?

And how about custom training packages? I have so much material, some if it fan-made....

Offline tbigness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2015, 12:15:29 PM »
The training packages all you have to do is put in the name and the cost. You then will have to manually put in the ranks to the package skills so this currently is not a problem.
Knowledge is unimagined Power

Offline Moostik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Rolemaster GM since 1993.
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2015, 03:00:16 PM »
OK, good. Customize-ability is important How about professions, for instance those from Channeling Companion?

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2015, 10:17:30 PM »
The Armory attack tables have not been added yet. We will most likely include them if we decide to offer the RMFRP Arms Law 2003 tables.

Professions and attack tables can be added by creating new configuration files. Remember that the base program is completely free. You can download it from RPGNow, and try it out without purchasing the book files. It includes examples for every concept.
I'd suggest you take a look at the discussions in the advanced customization thread, try the ideas mentioned there, and post any additional questions that are left unanswered.

Attack tables, criticals and spell lists are compatible between the RMC and RMFRP versions. Races and professions use the same structure, but the final versions might differ slightly.

Offline Justin

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +170/-170
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2015, 07:43:38 AM »
Could we get multiple skill-list options for printing, rather than only what's developed? Stats, similiar, and professional bonuses can push some skills into surprisingly high totals.

Also, what are your thoughts about supporting RMU?
"Even the most free roaming video game in the world still has to rely on programmed quest resolution triggers.  Only table-top RPGs make any solution possible.  Even ones not originally intended by the GM.  You  will never replace that." --Rivstyx

Offline The8thDwarf

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2015, 09:27:18 PM »
RMC companion 1
Creatures & Treasures

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2015, 09:32:18 AM »
Could we get multiple skill-list options for printing, rather than only what's developed? Stats, similiar, and professional bonuses can push some skills into surprisingly high totals.
Also, what are your thoughts about supporting RMU?

A long time ago, in a version of ERA far away, you would get to print whatever you were looking at before hitting "print". So you could apply any filter and then print those skills.

But the players complained that they always forgot to click on their favorite filter "developed" before printing, since they didn't want to see their skill bonus if it wasn't developed, and they could always check them later with in their phones with the Character Status Module while playing. And so it was that I changed it to its current behavior.

I will try to add a configuration somewhere to change it as best I can, but it might not make it to the immediate next version.

About RMU, I must have said it at least once in each thread, but here it goes again: ERA will support RMU. I even have support for some Beta 1 features, but they are a work in progress, halted until Beta 2 comes. As soon as the new books appear, I will be among the first to download and read them thoroughly. Then I will start the coding process. With ICE's permission I will eventually prepare a downloadable version with some sample files, just as we did for RMC and RMFRP.

RMC companion 1
Creatures & Treasures

Oh, RMC Companion 1... that is new. I guess you mean professions and spells lists mentioned there, or is there any rule/behavior/mechanic in that book that you would like ERA to support?

Creatures and Treasures will be included once we add the Creature Module, but as I said here, it might take a while.

Offline The8thDwarf

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2015, 09:09:27 PM »
Yes professions & spells from companion 1

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2015, 10:43:40 PM »
I think he is talking about RM2 Comp 1.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Justin

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +170/-170
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2015, 04:03:55 PM »
...I must have said it at least once in each thread, but here it goes again...

Maybe I'll make a post for you with all Q's & A's. I've read it all, but I don't remember it all.
"Even the most free roaming video game in the world still has to rely on programmed quest resolution triggers.  Only table-top RPGs make any solution possible.  Even ones not originally intended by the GM.  You  will never replace that." --Rivstyx

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2015, 04:06:24 PM »
It was my intention to create a website with a summary of all the different questions and clarifications that have been made in the forum.
I still intend to do it, as well as create newer, more specific tutorial videos.
I also want to do ERA for RMU. Apart from all the requests for RMFRP and RMC companions...
So many projects, so little time...

Offline The8thDwarf

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2015, 03:16:07 AM »
It was my intention to create a website with a summary of all the different questions and clarifications that have been made in the forum.
I still intend to do it, as well as create newer, more specific tutorial videos.
I also want to do ERA for RMU. Apart from all the requests for RMFRP and RMC companions...
So many projects, so little time...

What sort of timeframe do you see for RMU?

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2015, 04:08:21 AM »
IIRC, the rules for RMU have to be finalized first then the software will be updated. Otherwise it would be just like reinventing the wheel every day.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline Voriig Kye

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2015, 06:57:44 AM »
What sort of timeframe do you see for RMU?
I am finishing the changes necessary for character creation, and then I have to focus on the changes for the adventuring module.
Since this thread is not inside the beta subforum, I think that is as much as I am allowed to say. I will probably create a specific thread there once I have a working version to share.