Author Topic: RM in the DC/MD/VA area?  (Read 2011 times)

Offline Weald Walker

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
RM in the DC/MD/VA area?
« on: March 20, 2015, 06:18:07 PM »
Howdy all,
Looking for any other RM fans who happen to hang their hat in the DC area? I'm west of the Anduin in Alexandria, VA. Everything seems to start with a casual meet & greet at the Starbucks these days (coffee! :))...let's get a group going!
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."--- Mark Twain

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: RM in the DC/MD/VA area?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 06:29:15 PM »
 Welcome to the ICE Forums and I hope you find a game.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline HawksNut

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Go Hawks!!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 02:29:38 PM »
Have you tried Meetup? I finally filled my game in Richmond after about 7 months reaching out to new RPG members joining Meetup.com. I got the first three players rather quickly and the final three only within the past two months.

Good luck.

Offline Weald Walker

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 09:48:34 PM »
Hadn't tried Meetup.com yet. I have noticed it's very active here around DC. Of course, lots of the groups just focus on board games and even other RPGs. At least though, it would be a start. I just prefer not to get started with a D&D or Path Finder group as I'd have to suffer through a game system I'm not a fan of until I could convince them to give RM a try. :P
There are like 5-6 game shops here in the area; so, have started reaching out to the usual suspects. Appreciate the advice & happy gaming down in RVA!
"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society."--- Mark Twain

Offline HawksNut

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Go Hawks!!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 10:25:56 AM »
Weald Walker, I will describe what I did.
Knowing that most people on the site are expecting to play some version of D&D or Pathfinder, I described my game as a fantasy RPG and I gave the setting. In my case the setting was late in the third age of Middle Earth. Since the setting was appealing to a lot of folks given the recent movies, I usually had some interest from players. I then met with them over coffee, beer or lunch and get into the weeds about the system and setting. I had pre-generated characters in my game and this has not been a problem.

I would not disclose in your message you are playing Rolemaster. Just your setting. I hope this helps.

Offline Weald Walker

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 03:54:26 PM »
Good idea (on LOTR campaign setting/time period draw in). Virtually every RPG player has some affinity for ME ("true" ME....LOTR Peter Jackson yes....The Hobbit Peter Jackson No) and think it would be a great hook.

Kinda disagree about the pre-gens though? Once PC's are all hyped up about ME, would expect them to design the character they wanna play. But, whatever works.

Offline rafmeister

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2015, 07:58:00 PM »
Hello,

We have a RM2 game going on in Clinton, MD. Fairly high level, around 15th -17th level. We meet on alternating Sunday afternoons. Next meeting is 7 June. Veteran players and GM.

Offline Weald Walker

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2015, 01:55:21 PM »
Cool. I'll send you a PM and coordinate. I'd love to drop in on your game and maybe watch the first session and meet the group at the very least.

Offline rafmeister

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 11:47:22 AM »
For anyone interested, we now have a new GM and a game starting in a few weeks. 2 August should be the kickoff for a first level campaign. Fighters welcome.