Author Topic: Space master co-ordinates  (Read 2461 times)

Offline broodhunter

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Space master co-ordinates
« on: March 24, 2015, 04:00:47 AM »
Has anyone ever determined,(and even better has a list) of the spacemaster map co-ordinates for the stars in the silent death house books?  Most of them have the Z co-ordinate....but the X and Ys would be great to have, too.   I want my spacemaster game to include the Silent Death houses.... Also, a master list of the all the stars on the big star map would be nice....

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Space master co-ordinates
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 12:59:35 PM »
Pages 67 and 68 of the GM Book for SpaceMaster 2nd Edition have many (all?) of the stars mentioned in the Silent Death books.

Offline broodhunter

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 06:48:48 AM »
unfortunately, the systems have changed names and the general locations are vague to the point that I can't even guess IE "25 Light Years to Yoka Shan space" and then an equally non specific distance measurement to another house that has no definitive location.  I have not yet found one of them that has a specific X-Y Co-ordinate.  They all seemingly have a Z Co-ordinate, but with out an X and Y, that is just infuratingly pointless.

Offline Warl

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 11:14:47 AM »
wasn't there a 3D Mp of the galaxy posted some where?

Don't know if it had coordinate/Distance calculations built in to help determine distances between points.
D Puncture crit 100
Strike through foes brain makes liffe Difficult for foe!

http://www.dragonlords.tolmanbros.com/forum/

http://www.dinnertablecreations.tolmanbros.com/

Offline broodhunter

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 05:48:35 AM »
There were all three coordinates for some systems in spacemaster, but for Silent Death, not to my knowledge.  They are only listed with a Z Co-ordinate

Offline broodhunter

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 12:05:18 AM »
Pages 67 and 68 of the GM Book for SpaceMaster 2nd Edition have many (all?) of the stars mentioned in the Silent Death books.

no, it has the locations for some of the stars on the Spacemaster map.  Almost none of the stars in the Silent Death books appear on it.  The one I was able to find is Colosia Prime, which is assuming of course that is  Gamma Vulpeculae 4x / 40Y /14Z, but the other stars in the Colos book do not appear on the spacemaster map, and in the colos book, do not even have the Z co-ordinates that some of the books have, they just have LY distances between the various stars.  which even though I (I think) have Colosia Prime location, I can't even begin to guess at how to extrapolate the other stars co-ordinates from that.

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 01:41:23 PM »
A lot of the adventure books had more detail.   For example, the House Devon, House Jade-London, and House Kashmere books had additional details on the House worlds for each of those Houses, respectively.  The Durandium Find has several systems for House Carlisle (or was it Augustus-Hayes?).  I remember one summer in the early 90's I actually added everything to a single star map on graph paper, though it's long-since lost.

Many years later I found a cool reference that showed every star within 100LY of Sol.  Turns out there are quite a few: something like 1 every 125 LY3, though most are red dwarfs.

Offline broodhunter

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 02:56:58 PM »
A lot of the adventure books had more detail.   For example, the House Devon, House Jade-London, and House Kashmere books had additional details on the House worlds for each of those Houses, respectively.  The Durandium Find has several systems for House Carlisle (or was it Augustus-Hayes?).  I remember one summer in the early 90's I actually added everything to a single star map on graph paper, though it's long-since lost.

Many years later I found a cool reference that showed every star within 100LY of Sol.  Turns out there are quite a few: something like 1 every 125 LY3, though most are red dwarfs.

I think you misunderstood the original post.   I am looking for the Coordinates for the Silent Death houses, most of which never had much treatment in the spacemaster Universe.  I have been able to guestimate the systems in First Contact (Tau Albrition and surrounding systems) but that is about it.

Offline Ynglaur

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 12:23:30 AM »
Ah, my apologies then.  I can't help with that, unless you want to hit up some real-world astrogeographic references online.

Offline markc

• Elder Loremaster
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 12:57:46 AM »
 I assume that you have asked the guy's at Metal Express for the Silent Death stuff? I would guess that they would be the ones that would have the most info in that regard.
MDC
Bacon Law: A book so good all PC's need to be recreated.
Rule #0: A GM has the right to change any rule in a book to fit their game.
Role Play not Roll Play.
Use a System to tell the story do not let the system play you.

Offline broodhunter

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 02:57:04 PM »
Actually, they said the maps in Silent death, (especially the one in the main book) are vague to the point of being non-sensical, and encouraged my efforts to find the answers and share with them.  LOL