Author Topic: Weird Adventure Idea  (Read 1641 times)

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
Weird Adventure Idea
« on: February 25, 2016, 08:33:55 AM »
Okay, this has absolutely nothing to do with anything currently being discussed, but I thought I'd post it anyway.

Players, on Kulthea, stumble across a Lords of Essence facility - still partially functional. One thing in the facility is some sort of transportation portal that connects to another, working facility on one of the moons (obviously not Charon or Orhan). The players end up in a place with lower than normal gravity in areas, completely hostile exterior environment, dangerous defence systems and possibly, because it isn't on Kulthea - no working magic.
I made some things! Azukail Games

Offline tbigness

• Navigator
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Weird Adventure Idea
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 11:12:34 AM »
Eeeek..... This is a horror story!!!!!!! No magic.....
Knowledge is unimagined Power

Offline Alten

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2016, 12:08:52 PM »
Hey, ties in with a question I have asked myself when trying to integrate SW into the classical SpaceMaster setting: how far out of Kulthea do the effects of the Essaence extend? At least to the orbits of Orhan and Charon, or do the moons act as their own foci? And then there's Sa'kain... So is it system-wide?

Anyway, cool idea.
As you wish...

Offline RandalThor

• Sage
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 04:51:34 PM »
I think it is at least most of the system as the rift occurred in the system and not on the planet, as far as I remember. There could be a lessening of capabilities the further out one gets.

Also, sounds like you can use a modified Expedition to the Barrier Peaks for that adventure.
Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Scratch that. Power attracts the corruptible.

Rules should not replace the brain and thinking.

Offline bpowell

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 05:32:30 PM »
I did this in another system.  I ran a session with random wild magic and dead magic zones.  There were also weird things like null and reverse gravity zones.  The problem was that my wife was running the mage...I caught hell over this for weeks.  But it was a lot of laughs. 

-BP

Offline egdcltd

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +70/-70
    • Azukail Games
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2016, 07:09:50 AM »
I think I actually preferred City of the Gods to Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. I think with the latter a lot of the technology seemed unrealistically fragile.
I made some things! Azukail Games