Author Topic: Holy Water  (Read 1455 times)

Offline Moostik

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Rolemaster GM since 1993.
Holy Water
« on: April 20, 2016, 08:13:25 AM »
The channeling spell holy water creates enough holy water for a small vial. This shold be and is describes as a perfectly good weapon for defeating undead. However, how exactly do you resolve attacks and damage done to undead by holy water?

In my group, holy water is used mainly to sprinkle over deanimated undead post-combat, to prevent them from reanimating (e.g. permanently destroying them).

The Elemental priest base spell "Elemental Water" from Fire&Ice presents a similar problem; the water (now half a pint) is described as having the ability to deliver an A critical of the appropriate type. How do you resolve attacks with half a pint of water? What if the players insist on filling the water into a barrel? a fragile flask? Soaking a rag with it? Is the elemental water somehow de-elementalized once "used"? if 70 goblins step into a pool of elemental water, will they all take a critical?

Offline sulkow82

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • The truth is subversive.
Re: Holy Water
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 03:49:56 AM »
I personally would use the acid chart when using Holy Water on undead.
...formerly known as Kantron.

Offline gog

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 12:04:07 PM »
The spell description (Ceremonies list) gives the damage, as a Critical to a value of the Holy Water spell, and on the Holy Spell critical (p119  Channelling companion). The description talks about if splashed.

So likely to be a throwing manoeuvre from a distance, or would go direct to critical if prone.

Offline vector

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2016, 03:02:11 PM »
Grenade style attacks should be a must for any alchemists in your party.

I've used the attached home-brewed table for some time. I've included some sample grenades.