Author Topic: Am I rolling Mundane Treasure properly?  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Am I rolling Mundane Treasure properly?
« on: June 06, 2016, 09:05:00 PM »
So, I've been planning from the end back. In any case, at some point the players could find a ship crewed by 10 goblins (7 dead). These goblins are/were 5th-level characters, so I managed to roll that 2 of the dead had treasure. Magic and Money sections worked out just fine, though with some odd results for the Poor column. Mundane of Rich 3 seemed fine until I noticed something: a table listing item quantities of the treasure based on Poor/Normal/Rich columns. So, did I do it right by simply rolling 3 times on the Rich column for Mundane treasure, or do I need to apply these item quantities as well? Are these quantities for found treasure? Thank you.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Am I rolling Mundane Treasure properly?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 12:41:52 AM »
So, I've been planning from the end back. In any case, at some point the players could find a ship crewed by 10 goblins (7 dead). These goblins are/were 5th-level characters, so I managed to roll that 2 of the dead had treasure. Magic and Money sections worked out just fine, though with some odd results for the Poor column. Mundane of Rich 3 seemed fine until I noticed something: a table listing item quantities of the treasure based on Poor/Normal/Rich columns. So, did I do it right by simply rolling 3 times on the Rich column for Mundane treasure, or do I need to apply these item quantities as well? Are these quantities for found treasure? Thank you.

If you get a result such as Laborer's Tools or Household Goods or similar, then you may want to roll item quantities. This is particularly the case if it is found treasure rather than carried loot.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 08:36:47 PM »
I definitely missed the part about rolling on the second table for the magic results, but I prefer my decisions than the random roll. My plan is to do a Science Fantasy adventure, and this encounter could lead into the Fantasy game. All I'm going to say about that in case my players happen to be reading.
#LotorAllura2024

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 06:47:15 AM »
Based on the treasure example, I did forget to equip these guys before making the treasure rolls. Depending on the actions of my players, I may need a conversion between metal coins and credits. The easiest thing I could do is make 1 silver piece worth 100 credits.
#LotorAllura2024