Author Topic: HARP Bestiary uncertainty countdown  (Read 18098 times)

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: HARP Bestiary uncertainty countdown
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2017, 02:40:11 AM »
Do a search on the Guild Companion past issues and you will  find half a dozen or more monsters that have been excerpted from Bestiary.

Beyond that until Bestiary is released, just use Monsters a Field Guide. Yes, the numbers will not be consistent with  the new HARP  Fantasy (2011 &2017) but  given the monster will only appear in the game long enough to be defeated, it won't make that much difference.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2017, 12:43:31 PM »
Thanks Nocholas I appreciate the info.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

Offline Wōdwulf Seaxaning

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
    • HellSide Oso Myspace Page
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2017, 01:24:50 PM »
Nicholas is there any projected idea when the Bestiary will be published? Late 2017 or early to mid 2018? After finally reading HARP I really want to run it but I want the updated creatures & info.
R.I.P. Frank Frazetta
R.I.P. Barry Blair
R.I.P. Drew Hayes
R.I.P. Gary Gygax

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2017, 12:31:37 PM »
I've just completed the stat blocks for all of those Elementals, so I'm now off the critical writing path. In terms of when it will be complete, John and Colin have to finish their portions and we need a full editing pass through the manuscript. As we know what all the creatures are now, it will be possible to commission the art at any point, which means we will try to organise that as soon as possible. I am not willing to make any statements about projected dates yet.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2017, 12:32:51 PM »
I've just completed the stat blocks for all of those Elementals, so I'm now off the critical writing path. In terms of when it will be complete, John and Colin have to finish their portions and we need a full editing pass through the manuscript. As we know what all the creatures are now, it will be possible to commission the art at any point, which means we will try to organise that as soon as possible. I am not willing to make any statements about projected dates yet.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Sweet! Closer and closer!!
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Charlie Four

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2017, 07:01:41 PM »
Are there going to be some guidelines as to how powerful the creatures are related to PCs level? I mean something along the lines '5 PCs of X lvl can normally handle this monster'. Like Challenge Ratings. I haven't run a game in several years so sometimes if find a little hard to gauge exactly what a party can or can't handle.

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2017, 10:41:00 AM »
The monsters are developed using Development Points at the same flat 50  per level available to characters. All skills and all talents paid for using DPs. No freebies for monsters (ok, unless there's been a mistake in our sums). Some monsters are constructed using standard professions; some use the monster " profession". So we don't have Challenge Ratings in the d20 sense, but you have level that is directly comparable to your characters.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Charlie Four

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2017, 01:56:52 PM »
Oh, that's a common sense approach, great. Can't wait! I *need* this book, I don't think I can start my HARP campaign without it.

Thanks for the quick answer.

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #48 on: June 14, 2017, 10:30:19 AM »
Glad to see we are getting closer to getting our hands on this!   :)
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline adad

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2017, 03:08:41 PM »
I hope and strongly suggest that every special ability / talent would have a DP cost so it's easy to compare monster power with characters one.
I'd like to have monster stats and description in the same page, so to speak. I find boring to skip manuals not once but a lot of times to find all the stas I need.

Offline Alwyn

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2017, 09:33:01 AM »
I hope and strongly suggest that every special ability / talent would have a DP cost so it's easy to compare monster power with characters one.
I'd like to have monster stats and description in the same page, so to speak. I find boring to skip manuals not once but a lot of times to find all the stas I need.

I will second adad's suggestion.
Alwyn Erendil
Warden of the High Forest
"NEMO ME IMPUNE LACESSIT - At least not in Yu Gi Oh"

Don't worry, be HARPy!

Offline trechriron

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast
« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2018, 01:14:05 PM »
Any status update? I'm still looking forward to this...  :-D Go Team IC!!
Trentin C Bergeron (TreChriron)
Bard, Dreamer, & RPG Enthusiast

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2018, 03:35:02 PM »
Getting myself back into full editing mode by doing a sweep through the HARP Subterfuge manuscript first and then will be booking a day or two for spreadsheet checking. Still getting to grips with working on the new tablet.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Hobo

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2019, 05:18:33 AM »
Any updates???

Offline OdinsOneGoodEye

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2019, 08:36:44 PM »
It's been a decade or so since I've played HARP, and with computer changes and some misfortunes, I've lost all my old files.  Since the Bestiary looks like it's on a George RR Martin pace, is there a chance of getting access at least to the old Monsters: A Field Guide?  I've bought the new files from DriveThru RPG, but M:AFG doesn't seem to exist over there.  Am I missing it, or is it not available?

Offline Hobo

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #55 on: July 31, 2019, 01:28:50 PM »
Any director  briefing for July?

Offline blueFire

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #56 on: July 31, 2019, 04:43:53 PM »
I was hoping for a July Directors briefing.  It is one of the good things I look forward to each month.

Jason

Offline dranthor

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #57 on: July 31, 2019, 09:59:05 PM »
So last  update was in 2017  any idea when the book will be available. same question on all the book currently in the works.

• OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2019, 02:43:55 PM »
Bestiary is having its artwork commissioned now.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell

Offline Ebon Hearted Soul

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
  • My soul bleeds black
    • Musing of a Maverick Referee & Hooligeek
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2020, 11:12:35 PM »
Sorry for the thread Necro. Any updates. I really need to sign up for the director's briefing after I post this.
We are all dying in slow motion - Nameless, faceless & Hopeless
- Carnifex "Six Feet Closer to Hell"