Author Topic: Monstrous PCs, Sunlight Intolerance, Blindfighting, and more  (Read 1174 times)

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Monstrous PCs, Sunlight Intolerance, Blindfighting, and more
« on: January 19, 2017, 02:07:21 PM »
What is the official ruling on Sunlight Intolerance and Blidfighting? Suppose one of my friends or I made a goblin PC, would this goblin ignore penalties if s/he had a Blindfighting bonus of 50 or more?

On another subject, because I plan on running a HARP Science Fantasy game soon and Lizardmen and Silth seem pretty close in terms of stats and talents: who is a subspecies of whom?
#LotorAllura2024

Offline NicholasHMCaldwell

• OIC Points +0/-0
  • Director of Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd.
Re: Monstrous PCs, Sunlight Intolerance, Blindfighting, and more
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2017, 12:35:03 PM »
On the Sunlight Intolerance, using Blindfighting skill to buy it off for combat would be a novel use of the skill, but legitimate.

Neither Silth nor Lizardmen are subspecies of each other in terms of the canon. Better to think of them as cousin species.

Best wishes,
Nicholas
Dr Nicholas HM Caldwell
Director, Iron Crown Enterprises Ltd
Publisher of Rolemaster, Spacemaster, Shadow World, Cyradon, HARP & HARP SF, and Cyberspace, with products available from www.drivethrurpg.com
Author: Mentalism Companion, GURPS Age of Napoleon, Construct Companion, College of Magics, HARP SF/HARP SF Xtreme

Offline Zhaleskra

• Wise Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Monstrous PCs, Sunlight Intolerance, Blindfighting, and more
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 08:27:10 AM »
On comparing Lizardmen and Silth, I did see differences in Stat modifier adjustments, while the Talents and Restrictions are mostly similar.
#LotorAllura2024