Author Topic: Recovering from Undead Con Drain...?  (Read 1644 times)

Offline Tywyll

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Recovering from Undead Con Drain...?
« on: April 01, 2017, 05:07:24 PM »
So, my players just fought some undead and lost some con.

How do they get it back? I couldn't see anything in the monster description or CHA Law. Can someone point me to a page ref?

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Recovering from Undead Con Drain...?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 07:52:25 AM »
Three ways IIRC:
  • Undead drain temporary stats so characters may "recover" lost points by levelling up and gaining them back,
  • The explicit way would be through the RoCo. V spell list, "Ephemeral Enhancement", whose Restore spells just do that, "restore statistics that has been lowered due to attacks such as poison, magic, or disease." It's however an Arcane list (with some kinda powerful spells) so not all GMs would allow its existence,
  • The alternative (and best way to solve it, IMO) is through the use of the Healer's base spell list (one of the reasons why it's a very good alternative) "Life Essence Healing" in the RoCo. II. There are two ways to use it:
    • Add the concept of life levels, therefore changing the undead's CON drain into life levels drain (read the appropriate chapter about the matter in the RoCo. II),
    • Merely have the Restore Life Essence spells restore CON, multiplying their effect by 10 (e.g., a Restore Life Essence III would restore up to 30 CON points) due to 10 CON points pretty much giving 1 life level.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 10:47:01 AM »
In RMSS, there's no Healer spell for it, but the Cleric base list Life Mastery has "Heal Life Essence" spells which will do the trick.

Also, per RMSS Spell Law pg 241, it will recover on its own at a rate of 1/day when doing nothing but resting, 1/week if not traveling but still doing other things. Double in a place "soothing and sacred" to the character, +1d10/day in a place that is holy or consecrated.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Tywyll

• Seeker of Wisdom
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 12:44:47 PM »
Three ways IIRC:
  • Undead drain temporary stats so characters may "recover" lost points by levelling up and gaining them back,
  • The explicit way would be through the RoCo. V spell list, "Ephemeral Enhancement", whose Restore spells just do that, "restore statistics that has been lowered due to attacks such as poison, magic, or disease." It's however an Arcane list (with some kinda powerful spells) so not all GMs would allow its existence,
  • The alternative (and best way to solve it, IMO) is through the use of the Healer's base spell list (one of the reasons why it's a very good alternative) "Life Essence Healing" in the RoCo. II. There are two ways to use it:
    • Add the concept of life levels, therefore changing the undead's CON drain into life levels drain (read the appropriate chapter about the matter in the RoCo. II),
    • Merely have the Restore Life Essence spells restore CON, multiplying their effect by 10 (e.g., a Restore Life Essence III would restore up to 30 CON points) due to 10 CON points pretty much giving 1 life level.
Thanks!

Wow I am kinda shocked that there was nothing in core books for it!

Sent from my E6533 using Tapatalk

Offline rafmeister

• Initiate
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2017, 10:47:21 PM »
The original idea was ... CON did not recover. All temp stats raise when you go up a level. Otherwise, nothing.

One herb in Character Law helps- Lestagii.

Offline DeadBob

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 10:12:32 PM »
My campaign is using RMFRP and we have Heal Life Essence and Letagii both available for the constitution impaired.

Offline Malim

• Adept
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 06:29:30 AM »
We use this rule:
The CO drain is from temp stat.
To regain you get a roll each day, roll below your temp CO stat and regain a point.
That means that strong CO PC is stronger in regaining his drained CO, but also the harder you have been drained the harder it is to regain CO. To show that if your really weak, its also harder to regain.
There is also a spell list somewhere with life essence healing.
Sir Elor Blacke knight of Helyssa, Kytari Fighter lvl 25 (RM2)
Malim Naruum, Yinka Lord Bashkor lvl 27  (RM2)