Author Topic: Training Package Confusion  (Read 1268 times)

Offline Strandem

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Training Package Confusion
« on: April 20, 2017, 10:36:55 AM »
I have played RM/RM2 in the past and am thinking about using RMFRP with some players that have never played any Rolemaster.

I've been going through the character creation process to learn the newer system and have some confusion with the training packages.

For special items it states to make an open ended roll and add the number in parentheses. The only numbers I see in parentheses is information regarding the item i.e. (+10 non magic). I assume I use the number off to the far right.

It also states that once a character has gained an item the chances for gaining the next item is halved. How is this done? Is the number to the right halved? Do they need to roll over 200? Do you make a 50/50 die roll and if it succeeds do you them make the open ended roll?

Any insight would help.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jdale

• RMU Dev Team
  • OIC Points +25/-25
Re: Training Package Confusion
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 01:51:35 PM »
For special items it states to make an open ended roll and add the number in parentheses. The only numbers I see in parentheses is information regarding the item i.e. (+10 non magic). I assume I use the number off to the far right.

You're correct.

It also states that once a character has gained an item the chances for gaining the next item is halved. How is this done? Is the number to the right halved? Do they need to roll over 200? Do you make a 50/50 die roll and if it succeeds do you them make the open ended roll?

Either would work but I think halving the number to the right is the easiest, and that's what's intended. At some point they must have changed the format of the lists so the number was no longer in parentheses, and failed to edit the explanatory text.
System and Line Editor for Rolemaster

Offline Strandem

• Apprentice
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Training Package Confusion
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2017, 02:22:14 PM »
Thanks.

That's kind of what I figured would be the fairest way of doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk