Author Topic: Favorite/Best/Oldest PC (segue from Hoew powerful are your PC's)  (Read 2074 times)

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Favorite/Best/Oldest PC (segue from Hoew powerful are your PC's)
« on: November 22, 2017, 11:10:26 AM »
The idea for this thread sprung up from the other thread:
How powerful are your PC's? (http://www.ironcrown.com/ICEforums/index.php?topic=18343.0)

Members are posting their favorite/best/strongest PC's and stats and there are some great builds.  I'd love to see more stats for your favorite/best PCs.  Please try to explain the high stats or bonuses the PC has.  I know a lot of these PC's have been "alive" since the 80's but I think it would be great to see them.  Please feel free to repost the PC stats even if you posted in the other thread.

Here's my oldest/best/highest ranked PC and some stats:
This was the first PC I ever made for RM and the person who helped me roll him up was a huge spell caster fan.  Sadly, my stats are in all the wrong categories.  I should have had far more DP at each level and lower stats in the "magical" stats.  I may make up another version with the same stat values, but in the stats that would be better suited to a fighter type, not a mage.

Cavalier - lvl 8 - MAX HP: 263 - x4 Concussion hits delivered for first five rounds of melee, x2 concussion hits normally

IN: 96
EM: 93
PR: 90
QU: 91
SD: 64
AG: 91
ME: 72
RE: 67

Potion awarded to the PC after major campaign (two college semesters of gaming twice a week) +6 to Prime req's Temp and Potential

CO: 102 (Innate stat abilities: Tolerance - Character may take 150% total hit points before becoming unconscious)
ST: 108  (Innate stat abilities: Shocking Blows - all melee strikes yield double concussion points)

Arm Greaves of Power - double concussion hits for first 5 rounds of melee
                                 - 30% chance to nullify arm crits

DB w/o shield: 45
DB vs. melee: 90
DB vs. missile: 100
  +10 Wall Shield can wield 1-handed due to ST
  +10 Ring of Presence - Bright aura surrounds caster granting +10 DB due to attackers looking at the bright aura (+10 to Social Skills as well)
  +10 Mithril Armour (AT 16) non-encumbering

Battle Totem - Nullifies Fear, Stun, Depression

Battle Axe: 168  Shieldbreaker (RMC-I pg. 58: Shieldbreaker - non-magical armour treated as AT1, magical armour RR vs. level 30, destroys weapons)
Ranks 64, Stat 55, level 24, item 25 Holy

Broadsword: 163 Blade of Quickness  (+20 to initiative, two attacks per round)
Ranks 64, Stat 55, level 24, item 20

Heavy Crossbow: 138 (Repeating crossbow, 2 bolts per round for 5 rounds)
Ranks 64, Stat 40, level 24, item 10

Dealing x4 concussion hits with a battle axe vs. AT1 is awesome!  The GM's countered this by making him a human pin cushion and AT16 is terrible vs. small pointy objects. <sigh>  This forced me to take tons of arrow damage with a battle axe or use the sword and board and not deal heinous amounts of damage.  It balanced out.
If discretion is the better valor and
cowardice the better part of judgment,
let's all be heroes and run away!

Offline OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
Re: Favorite/Best/Oldest PC (segue from Hoew powerful are your PC's)
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 09:41:16 AM »
I don't "play" RM2: I just GM.  :P
And, well, NPCs are favoured when it comes to their build. ;)
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 09:08:24 PM »
I also only GM, especially when it comes to Rolemaster. I do play in other games on occasion but no one else around me can run Rolemaster.

I have four particular NPC’s that I tend to use in my games as legendary background characters.
I don't have the stats and stuff handy now but I will post them later if I find them...lol. But to me what makes a character great is not their stats but their story.
The four NPC's are (they are all tragic stories):
Takira and Silk (don't actually remember her name).  They have a mutual and deep love between them but Silk also has a deep desire to kill Takira.
Corwin "Blaze" Mathias. A holy knight (Paladin?) whose family was murdered just because of the game of thrones. Not the HBO special but in the historical sense.
Grey (named for his aged appearance and long grey hair). An Elf of the ruling class who was ridiculed because of his love for a human woman, so they eloped. But then they were hunted down and she was murdered by the royal guard and he was to be brought to trial. He escaped with a fabled Rune Sword. He now roams the land an aged ghost of what he once was. He is hunted to this day. Some say he is well beyond the years an elf should have lived. In games where elves are immortal he has aged where he should not have.

If anyone is interested I will post the story for the first one, Takira and Silk. If I ever find their stats I will post them also.
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 05:28:35 AM »
I don't have the stats and stuff handy now but I will post them later if I find them...lol. But to me what makes a character great is not their stats but their story.
Oh, I agree with that: it's why I spend most of my NPC creating time on the stories. However, to compare builds, used rules and options, and houserules may only be done on the stats! ;)

BTW, this thread is for PCs so I created another for NPCs.
The world was then consumed by darkness, and mankind was devoured alive and cast into hell, led by a jubilant 紗羽. She rejoiced in being able to continue serving the gods, thus perpetuating her travels across worlds to destroy them. She looked at her doll and, remembering their promises, told her: "You see, my dear, we succeeded! We've become legends! We've become villains! We've become witches!" She then laughed with a joyful, childlike laughter, just as she kept doing for all of eternity.

Offline Bruce

• Senior Adept
  • OIC Points +553/-553
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 10:00:06 PM »
Oh, I agree with that: it's why I spend most of my NPC creating time on the stories. However, to compare builds, used rules and options, and houserules may only be done on the stats! ;)

BTW, this thread is for PCs so I created another for NPCs.
Oh, oops! Sorry for that.
When you game, game like you mean it! Game Hard!

Offline Athelstaine

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 06:50:49 PM »
This is my first RM character ever. 15th Level German Teutonic Knight (re-worked fighter). He is actually 17th level but I do not have the current sheet for him as I no longer game with the GM of that campaign

CO 90          Max Hits: 132
AG 100        AT 15
SD 95          DB 95
ME 85
RE 90          OB: Long Sword 177, Battle Hammer 167, Mounted Lance 180
ST 101
QU 95
PR 90         All background options went into stat adjustments
EM 75
IN 90

Items of Note :
+20 magical AT 16
+20 magical Full Shield
"Masuldin" +20 magical Longsword that delivers Electrical crits 2 levels less and confers +5 DB when being used
Gambasin made of Spider Silk that confes a +10 DB
Scabard for Long Sword that reduces bleeders by 3 to a minimum of 0
Belt that removes 1 round of stun to a minimum of 0

Pretty mundane. we did not use a lot of the optional rules from the comapnions. Of all the charcaters i have made/played since then, this fella is my defacto favorite of any game system.
May i serve in Valhalla, better than i did in life.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 06:34:59 AM »
This is my first RM character ever. 15th Level German Teutonic Knight (re-worked fighter). He is actually 17th level but I do not have the current sheet for him as I no longer game with the GM of that campaign

Very cool idea for a PC.  I always thought RM2 should have a "Knight" profession.  The Cavalier is close, but not the same that I envision for a Knight.  Cavaliers are the "working masses" like the local city/town police and Knights were like the Secret Service or a King's Champion.  I tried to make a Knight Profession, but I was never happy with the versions I came up with.

Which version of RM is your PC from?
How did you get all of your stats at a factor of 5?  (Save for ST at 101)

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 10:29:41 AM »
It's also interesting as it looks pretty "normal" a character. I've told my NPC was kinda overpowered (though she's so far the highest level ;)) and yours has a 108 ST and a 102 CO at level 8, not mentioning a +25 item. I guess it shows how much different builds can be from a GM to another...

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 10:50:26 AM »
It's also interesting as it looks pretty "normal" a character. I've told my NPC was kinda overpowered (though she's so far the highest level ;)) and yours has a 108 ST and a 102 CO at level 8, not mentioning a +25 item. I guess it shows how much different builds can be from a GM to another...

Those two stats were from a 2-college-semester campaign, playing twice a week.  The reward for my PC was potion of +6 to Prime Req's (1 + D5).  Originally rolls for the PC were 100 and 96.  I spent a Background Option to raise one stat by 2, giving me 102.  Even with that, my stats were not all factors of 5 across the board.

The GM that gave out the +25 axe regretted doing so a couple of sessions later :D .... and found ways to "punish" my PC for using it too :(  I called it 'punish', he called it 'making things fair.'  Tomato, potato.

Offline Athelstaine

• Neophyte
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 06:23:22 PM »

Very cool idea for a PC.  I always thought RM2 should have a "Knight" profession.  The Cavalier is close, but not the same that I envision for a Knight.  Cavaliers are the "working masses" like the local city/town police and Knights were like the Secret Service or a King's Champion.  I tried to make a Knight Profession, but I was never happy with the versions I came up with.

Which version of RM is your PC from?
How did you get all of your stats at a factor of 5?  (Save for ST at 101)

This is from RM2 , the red border books. The GM had us roll 2 sets of ten, 1 set for potential and 1 for temporary. We placed temps as we wanted, and then assigned potentials as we wanted as well. Then we used the stat matrix chart thing in character law to determine the actual final potentials. And then just used all 6 back ground options on stats, 3 by 1 and 1 by 2.

Also, if my memory serves, all we did was change the fighter level bonus from deadly to social skills to create the "Knight" all other level bonuses remain per rules
May i serve in Valhalla, better than i did in life.

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 06:06:30 AM »
Originally rolls for the PC were 100 and 96.  I spent a Background Option to raise one stat by 2, giving me 102.
Uh? Which option was it? Because the only one I know that raises stats (both temporary and potential) does so to a maximum of 101.

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 09:59:02 AM »
Originally rolls for the PC were 100 and 96.  I spent a Background Option to raise one stat by 2, giving me 102.
Uh? Which option was it? Because the only one I know that raises stats (both temporary and potential) does so to a maximum of 101.

I just looked at the original character sheet and I can make out the pencil mark under the 108.  It looks like it was 101, so the stat-gain-potion must have ben D6+1, not D5+1.  This is going back into the fog of history.  I made the PC back in 1989.  I know the GM rolled twice and said "wow" each roll.   

Sadly, I haven't played the PC in a long long time since we al graduated and went our separate ways.  I only get to GM now so he's become an NPC.

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2017, 10:34:29 AM »
I just looked at the original character sheet and I can make out the pencil mark under the 108.  It looks like it was 101, so the stat-gain-potion must have ben D6+1, not D5+1.
Ah, ok, good to know. I was afraid there was an option I didn't know that allows PCs to have stats over 101.  I wouldn't allow it but it's always better for a GM to know all options he makes available to players before actually having them use them! ;)

Offline Spectre771

• Revered Elder
  • OIC Points +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2017, 07:11:16 PM »
Ah, ok, good to know. I was afraid there was an option I didn't know that allows PCs to have stats over 101.  I wouldn't allow it but it's always better for a GM to know all options he makes available to players before actually having them use them! ;)

Amen to that.  I watched many fights, real-true-heated arguments boil up over players using a rule or option that the GM didn't know or forgot.  OMG  what a buzz-kill those were.